Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:38 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm Not saying those today didn't play well but add Ford, Genge, MuriMurivalu and Nadolo into that mix and things look pretty tasty (long way to go yet and not getting carried away).

Youngs on the bench :smt002 good backup when legs are tired late on.
And Taufua, Moroni, De Bruin, Lavanini, Leatigaga.. strength in depth.. finally :smt023
That's the best bit. You may never get your best team on the park. But with strength in depth and a good team ethic that won't matter.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I got the distinct impression that they were all fighting for the shirt and their right to wear it. A great start and let's hope we build on this - may look at the odds the bookies are - oh shut up you stupid boy
Hehehehehehehehe
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

Yep, it’s amazing how all this has been put together in the the last week since Geordie left!
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Missing players are irrelevant in my book, given the amount of of times we’ve gone to Kingsholm in February losing numerous players. Garvey is lucky he stayed on the pitch...constantly offside and in at the side. His head nearly fell off the amount of shaking it did after every decision. More of the same next week please.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 pm Missing players are irrelevant in my book, given the amount of of times we’ve gone to Kingsholm in February losing numerous players. Garvey is lucky he stayed on the pitch...constantly offside and in at the side. His head nearly fell off the amount of shaking it did after every decision. More of the same next week please.
Who me ref? :smt017 Garvey was just annoying from start to finish!

Guess it's easy to say when you win a match but I was impressed by the officials today. Not seen much of Jack Makepeace but thought he did a good job on the whole. Maybe Glos got lucky not to get another card and Wells was, well a bit harsh but otherwise I thought he was far better than some of the more seasoned Premiership officials.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:57 pm Missing players are irrelevant in my book, given the amount of of times we’ve gone to Kingsholm in February losing numerous players. Garvey is lucky he stayed on the pitch...constantly offside and in at the side. His head nearly fell off the amount of shaking it did after every decision. More of the same next week please.
Who me ref? :smt017 Garvey was just annoying from start to finish!

Guess it's easy to say when you win a match but I was impressed by the officials today. Not seen much of Jack Makepeace but thought he did a good job on the whole. Maybe Glos got lucky not to get another card and Wells was, well a bit harsh but otherwise I thought he was far better than some of the more seasoned Premiership officials.
+1 :smt041
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Finally some competition for places. Wigglesworth had an outstanding debut and Henry was impressive once again.. best half back pairing during the international break for ages.. Bonilla will fight it out with Henry no doubt and both look class.

And that back row.. Liebenberg, Taufua, Wiese, Brink, Reffell, Wallace.. hopefully that will mark the end of Wells playing 6.. great performance by him today in his preferred position.

Spoiled for choice in the backs with Youngs Ford Nadolo Scott Moroni Van Wyk Murimurivalu perhaps the first choice (although after today we will see) with the likes of Wigglesworth Henry/Bonilla Potter Porter Taute Steward as cover.

:smt041
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 pmNot seen much of Jack Makepeace but thought he did a good job on the whole.
First time in quite some time I've seen a ref listening to and engaging with Tom Youngs so well, or maybe it was vice versa... either way, OTY had some productive referee interaction today and Tigers as a whole saw some benefit from it, IMHO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Brutus
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Brutus »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 pm Finally some competition for places. Wigglesworth had an outstanding debut and Henry was impressive once again.. best half back pairing during the international break for ages.. Bonilla will fight it out with Henry no doubt and both look class.

And that back row.. Liebenberg, Taufua, Wiese, Brink, Reffell, Wallace.. hopefully that will mark the end of Wells playing 6.. great performance by him today in his preferred position.

Spoiled for choice in the backs with Youngs Ford Nadolo Scott Moroni Van Wyk Murimurivalu perhaps the first choice (although after today we will see) with the likes of Wigglesworth Henry/Bonilla Potter Porter Taute Steward as cover.

The back row options look great, we’ve also got young George Martin to come back from injury who looks a pretty special young player - I imagine we’ll see a lot more of him in the coming seasons.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Brutus wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:23 pm Finally some competition for places. Wigglesworth had an outstanding debut and Henry was impressive once again.. best half back pairing during the international break for ages.. Bonilla will fight it out with Henry no doubt and both look class.

The back row options look great, we’ve also got young George Martin to come back from injury who looks a pretty special young player - I imagine we’ll see a lot more of him in the coming seasons.
I'd forgotten about him but he looked very impressive in the few games I saw him play last season
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:10 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm The question is, will those returning play like these (generally) new boys or revert to previous ways?
If they revert then they lose the shirt, simple.
Yea,this isn’t Murphy! I’ve no doubt Borths will drop the axe when needed
Love it :smt043 Are you saying that SB had no mind of his own when GM was here and was just a Yes man?
How long before you stop blaming GM for everything? Still you are consistent :smt002
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Pretty sure this is the first time we have opened the season with a win since 2016-17 (which was also against Gloucester), having lost to Bath in the 2017 opener, Exeter in 2018 and Worcester in 2019.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:32 pm First time in quite some time I've seen a ref listening to and engaging with Tom Youngs so well, or maybe it was vice versa... either way, OTY had some productive referee interaction today and Tigers as a whole saw some benefit from it, IMHO.
I thought so as well. Maybe whatever has been wrong at Tigers has been purged and it has lifted a weight from OTY's shoulders?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

mol2 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:13 pm The penalty count for Gloucester was huge. Yet only 2 yellows.

Green gets one for shirt holding. I know the ref had to card the player who stamped on him but just because the stamp was as feeble as it gets you can’t card a player for grabbing a shirt or shorts in that situation or most players will be carded. A technical penalty, yes. But you can’t turn it into a card because of retaliation.

In days gone by Green would have got a proper shoeing. It wasn’t, but gets the same penalty.

Yes tell off Green and accept that the Glaws player has to be carded.
I was just browsing on shedweb they were calling for Green to have had a red card saying it was his tackle he grabbed not his shirt. Can't say I saw it as that, may be a bit of sour grapes from them..
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:57 pm
shedweb

sour grapes
:smt005 :smt005 You're killing me :smt005 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.