Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester - Teams Up

Post by MCC1964 »

Dokie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:07 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm Yellow on our man fair enough but the stamp should have been a red by any modern interpretation of the laws...
Come on. That wasn’t anything like a stamp, even under modern interpretations.
So what’s your definition of a stamp? I would say the application of the studs with force to to the body of an opposing player. And before you say that wasn’t with force, it was. Remember, a thrown punch does not have to land or be with much force to be deemed a punch.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

BFG wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm Impressive start to the season from Leicester.
High pressure and they looked energised.
Gloucester looked rudderless and perhaps missed without Heinz some of what Wigglesworth added to Leicester.
My Glaws supporting friend reckoned they were missing:

Heinz, Polledri, Singleton, Alemanno, Rees-Zammit, Harris, Varney, Balmain, Morgan, May, Thorley

Hrinz, Polledri, Singleton, Alemanno, Rees-Zammit, Harris, Morgan, May and Thorley would have made a helluva difference today. But, you look at the other side of the coin at the ones we have missing and they more than offset their absentees.

A proper team performance all round. Just need City and the Miami Dolphins to win and that's a fair perfect weekend for me!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Wiese, he was absolutely everywhere causing a menace in both attack and defence.
Loved his hit on Slater it was brutal.
It was a thing of absolute beauty 😍
& Slater being a proper player just got up & carried on, it still grates him not playing for Tigers.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hopefully Wigglesworth doesn't get a long ban now.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 pm Hopefully Wigglesworth doesn't get a long ban now.
Doubt they will be banned, probably heavily fined and not selected to Barbarians
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:49 pm Hopefully Wigglesworth doesn't get a long ban now.
In relation to the BaaBaas incident?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:51 pm
Doubt they will be banned, probably heavily fined and not selected to Barbarians
Surely they can’t ban them from club rugby anyway? 🤔
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:47 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:27 pm
sapajo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:26 pm

Loved his hit on Slater it was brutal.
It was a thing of absolute beauty 😍
& Slater being a proper player just got up & carried on, it still grates him not playing for Tigers.
Absolutely, that trade of him for May has turned out as exceptionally poor value, sadly.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Can they get match bans for a breach of contract?
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:45 pm
BFG wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm Impressive start to the season from Leicester.
High pressure and they looked energised.
Gloucester looked rudderless and perhaps missed without Heinz some of what Wigglesworth added to Leicester.
My Glaws supporting friend reckoned they were missing:

Heinz, Polledri, Singleton, Alemanno, Rees-Zammit, Harris, Varney, Balmain, Morgan, May, Thorley

Hrinz, Polledri, Singleton, Alemanno, Rees-Zammit, Harris, Morgan, May and Thorley would have made a helluva difference today. But, you look at the other side of the coin at the ones we have missing and they more than offset their absentees.

A proper team performance all round. Just need City and the Miami Dolphins to win and that's a fair perfect weekend for me!
Yes true both were missing a few.
The big difference is that Leicester won and won well and so the bar is set.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The question is, will those returning play like these (generally) new boys or revert to previous ways?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:09 pm
Moose wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:04 pm How much was it Glaws not offering much first half vs us putting in a great shift in defence to close them down early? Line speed and quality of tackling was miles ahead of where we've been. I think that dropped off slightly in the 2nd half which allowed them back in.
Bit of both.
I said before the game that Gloucester lack of pace would benefit us, our biggest weakness so far has been a pace guy running a channel between the 13 and Wing.

That being said the hits that did go in was with actual purpose and wasn't just around the tackles and lose a meter.
Bizarrely they didn't try that until Kelly came on. Taute is obviously a bit slower but the didn't fancy it. Woodward put the burners on and Kelly cut him down very nicely the helping Taute get the turnover.

Generally the defence looked better but the side channels still the weaker area. Always difficult to defend out right pace but hopefully Moroni will help that.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm The question is, will those returning play like these (generally) new boys or revert to previous ways?
If they revert then they lose the shirt, simple.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:10 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm The question is, will those returning play like these (generally) new boys or revert to previous ways?
If they revert then they lose the shirt, simple.
Yea,this isn’t Murphy! I’ve no doubt Borths will drop the axe when needed
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm Not saying those today didn't play well but add Ford, Genge, MuriMurivalu and Nadolo into that mix and things look pretty tasty (long way to go yet and not getting carried away).

Youngs on the bench :smt002 good backup when legs are tired late on.
And Taufua, Moroni, De Bruin, Lavanini, Leatigaga.. strength in depth.. finally :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!