LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RagingBull »

If we are looking for a backs coach could do no worse than looking at the fijian team and a certain mr Gibson IMO.
He didn't go well with the head coach role, but in terms of Attack he helped improve the tahs massively.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:34 pm If we are looking for a backs coach could do no worse than looking at the fijian team and a certain mr Gibson IMO.
He didn't go well with the head coach role, but in terms of Attack he helped improve the tahs massively.
Very good shout IF we were able to get him! Plus might be more expensive than Taylor was...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:34 pm If we are looking for a backs coach could do no worse than looking at the fijian team and a certain mr Gibson IMO.
Would take him wearing the 12 shirt.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:45 pm
Very good shout IF we were able to get him! Plus might be more expensive than Taylor was...
Well we've got some funds to play with Stanko, Taylor and Murphy gone but only academy coaches covering. Depends whether Gibson and Borthwick can get on the same page though.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm Must've missed something https://therugbymagazine.com/fantasy/pr ... an-montoya
That link just goes to a login screen (for me anyway).
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:11 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm Must've missed something https://therugbymagazine.com/fantasy/pr ... an-montoya
+1
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:11 pm
Judging by the last bit of the URL that's visible, it appears to be referring to Montoya
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

So for the premiership fantasy rugby Julian Montoya seems to be down as a Tiger player.
Granted given how far behind Rugby is in terms of these things it's a bug/person has jumped the gun.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

fissler in the rugby paper suggesting we are keeping tabs on Louis Lynagh,
Strikes me as a Agent move or something for Quins as having two England U20's 15's doesn't make sense IMO.

I guess could replace Worth and then you have survival of the strongest between Steward and Lynagh. Unless Lynagh can play other positions.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 am fissler in the rugby paper suggesting we are keeping tabs on Louis Lynagh,
Strikes me as a Agent move or something for Quins as having two England U20's 15's doesn't make sense IMO.

I guess could replace Worth and then you have survival of the strongest between Steward and Lynagh. Unless Lynagh can play other positions.
Unless he also plays 13 I don't see this happening
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'd expect us to be "keeping tabs" on all exceptionally promising young players, in one way or another. Maybe he has the skills to adapt to a new position, maybe he has the potential to become a utility back, maybe Steward won't stay forever, maybe Steward's progress will stall.

Scouting and recruitment are constant processes, you don't just switch them on when you need someone in a specific position. We should already have a shortlist of players to replace every single one of our current squad - you never know what will happen and it's important to be prepared.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm So for the premiership fantasy rugby Julian Montoya seems to be down as a Tiger player.
Granted given how far behind Rugby is in terms of these things it's a bug/person has jumped the gun.
Wasn't that already basically a done deal for next season?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:58 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:38 pm So for the premiership fantasy rugby Julian Montoya seems to be down as a Tiger player.
Wasn't that already basically a done deal for next season?
Not officially
TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by TigerMac3 »

Would like to see Lynagh come in. Not seen much of him but like the idea of targeting young EQP. He’s v highly rated. Not sure if Ben Loader signed an extension with Irish or not - was highly touted to be joining Quins as a replacement for Ibitoye - he’s another I’d love to see at WR!