Autumn Nations Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Nations Cup

Post by Scott1 »

Poor by Farrell,if that’s Ford it’s a try.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Jonny May looks shot of confidence, shadow of a player last year.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rake on Mays face? Not the eyes but still Illegal surely
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:35 pm Rake on Mays face? Not the eyes but still Illegal surely
Saw something similar in the Italian game earlier.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:35 pm Rake on Mays face? Not the eyes but still Illegal surely
Looked more like he tried to rip the ball, missed and instead tried to pull of May's head by the jaw.

Brutally clinical by England but it's not massively creative. Farrell really looks sub par in games like this where the 10 has time on the ball to create.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:49 pm
Looked more like he tried to rip the ball, missed and instead tried to pull of May's head by the jaw.

Brutally clinical by England but it's not massively creative. Farrell really looks sub par in games like this where the 10 has time on the ball to create.
Yes,badly missing Ford.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Funnily enough Mrs G and I agreed Ford would've been far more creative off the front foot. Farrell plays to orders, sure he doesn't always read what's in front of him.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Backs definitely miss something with Tuilagi being out, especially with no natural 12. Would like to see Devoto Slade tried for England, could do with a carrier.

May and the Vunipolas too don’t look their best. Would love to see Thorley and Earl start against Ireland.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

A very clean game, proper arm wrestle, with less niggle than in the first 2 minutes of Ireland/Wales. Agree England backs were missing something, especially when Joseph went off.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Tried to listen to it on Radio 5 LIve; absolutely dreadful. Almost a non-commentary. I could work out some stuff from deducing the background noise and then some muppet would say "Georgia have a penalty" Then back to chatting about Ashton's tries. Admittedly, I didn't listen to it all but I don't think I missed much. Telling moment was at half time when the studio woman asked what "the viewers" would think
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Didn't use Lawrence effectively enough at all, Slade for me is not an inside centre at international level, although Joseph looked sharp would have preferred Marchant on the wing & other players should really be given a go at No. 8 as Vunipola has lost almost all of his ball carrying effectiveness because of injury... don't get me started on Farrell either.

Apart from that a decent win, impressed with the English scrummaging of Gengey and Stuart.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I enjoyed watching both games on my laptop, pity that the sound on my laptop is very low, but it was a good substitute for TV.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think Jones now has a better idea of who are his best front row.

Farrell still hasn’t learned to tackle low, finding himself on his backside against powerful players.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I'd enjoy seeing Joseph and Marchant at 12 and 13 outside a proper attacking fly half.
England are so focused on that one thing that they miss what is right in front of them in my opinion.
When Eddie says England lack natural ability he is talking out of his...
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Best game of the weekend was England Women v France. Emily Scarratt is a terrific player with great running lines and superb kicking for goal or touch.
Well done to the whole team as it was far more entertaining than the England v Georgia game but the conditions in France were a stark contrast to Twickers!
The other great performance was from Argentina. Considering the Pumas hadn’t played for about 3-4 months it was awesome.