LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:06 am I had no idea you were of that opinion, Scott...
😂👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by RagingBull »

Bring in Ackermann.......

Reading the rugby paper piece, it's a massive story of nothing.
You can tell Fissler is struggling for stories when only 1 a actual rumour with a player named.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:21 pm Bring in Ackermann.......

Reading the rugby paper piece, it's a massive story of nothing.
You can tell Fissler is struggling for stories when only 1 a actual rumour with a player named.
Touche. I'd rather have Nigel Wray though, they're both cheats but with Wray at least we'd probably win something. The sum total of Ackermann's achievements from cheating was 13 forgettable Springbok caps, at least Wray cheated his way to some actual success :smt023

If your going to give up your principles, make sure it's worthwhile! There's nothing more depressing than cheating your way to mediocrity.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rather Ackermann than Murphy. People conveniently forgetting The Lions. Ok he didn’t win anything but where he got them to from where he started with them will eclipse anything Murphy will EVER do in coaching!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Oh I'm not forgetting it, I do believe he is a excellent coach also.
But he also left Gloucester in a similar state to how he joined them and I doubt it would've been any different at Tigers.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:02 am
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:41 am Just because we’ve signed Wigglesworth doesn’t mean we’re gonna get bought by Wray and all of our squad will get a nice house!
Of course it does. The devil walks the earth, and his name is Nigel.

And we will continue to protest against his immorality, typing away on phones and keyboards made in questionable conditions by people whose plight we ignore because it is not right in front of us and conveniently benefits us, all the while lecturing from our pedestals about the ethics of sport and the cheating that results in some people who had very nice lives having even better lives at the expense of other slightly more deserving people who still have very nice lives regardless.

Put aside your ridiculous rationalism, JP14, close your eyes, and dive head first into the warm comfort of the least panic-worthy moral panic of our time - cheating in sport. You may also wish to put your fingers in your ears so as to shield yourself from the reality that we ourselves fuel far more heinous immorality and injustice, and remain cosy in the embrace of imaginary moral high ground.
As the wise man said 'sport is a mirror or society'.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Traveller wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:08 pm
JP14 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:41 am Just because we’ve signed Wigglesworth doesn’t mean we’re gonna get bought by Wray and all of our squad will get a nice house!

And we will continue to protest against his immorality, typing away on phones and keyboards made in questionable conditions by people whose plight we ignore because it is not right in front of us and conveniently benefits us, all the while lecturing from our pedestals about the ethics of sport and the cheating that results in some people who had very nice lives having even better lives at the expense of other slightly more deserving people who still have very nice lives regardless.

Put aside your ridiculous rationalism, JP14, close your eyes, and dive head first into the warm comfort of the least panic-worthy moral panic of our time - cheating in sport. You may also wish to put your fingers in your ears so as to shield yourself from the reality that we ourselves fuel far more heinous immorality and injustice, and remain cosy in the embrace of imaginary moral high ground.
As the wise man said 'sport is a mirror of society'.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

So Tiglon's view is immorality happens but don't bother because elsewhere there is worse immorality which I'm also going to do nothing about.
The opposite of the effective "Broken windows" philosophy which so successfully reduced crime.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

I think you may be wrong, I am fairly certain it was that “only fools rush in.”
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:02 pm So Tiglon's view is immorality happens but don't bother because elsewhere there is worse immorality which I'm also going to do nothing about.
The opposite of the effective "Broken windows" philosophy which so successfully reduced crime.
Probably best to stick to articulating your own view, rather than trying to guess mine.

You clearly can't (or choose not to) understand my view, or you wouldn't still be comparing cheating at sport to serious crime. Perspective, Old Hob, perspective.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I'm pretty sure I do understand you. You were saying that cheating in sport is a less serious offence than other, more serious crimes. But, I would say, once you tolerate lesser offences then there is a smooth continuum to worse things. Zero tolerance is the aim. It won't be achieved but it is the aim.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

isn't it more likely that Wigglesworth would take up the coaching spot left by David Mélé - Half Back's Coach.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Neil Fissler in 'The Rugby Paper' (8/11/20) indicates that Wigglesworth will be undertaking a degree of coaching at Leicester.The role ,however has yet to be publicly defined.In this sense . I guess some care is needed title wise considering the circumstances of Mele's departure due to 'Club restructuring' in the light of Covid.We do know however that he has spent time as attack coach with Ealing and assisted Canada in a coaching role during the last World Cup.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Assuming if he's a player coach, or coach available for playing if required, some of his salary would not count towards the cap?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

teds wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:33 pm

I think you may be wrong, I am fairly certain it was that “only fools rush in.”
Does that mean there could be more than one wise men.......................... oh yes ....... there was one who came bearing gold, another came with Myrrh, and the other came with something that Frank sent.