LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by Scott1 »

Did Castro play both sides,or did he just cover there the odd time late in matches when he had to?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD EPISODE IV: A New Hope

Post by sapajo »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 am I was only joking when I mentioned Castro earlier, but:

https://www.ruck.co.uk/martin-castrogio ... er-tigers/

I know its The Ruck, but they are quoting The Rugby Paper, which I don't get, so...

If true, it will be ammunition for the "we can't employ ex-Tigers" and anti GM brigade - "it's because he owns a restaurant with GM".
The Castro and Murphy restaurant enterprise is long defunct.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Castro won't happen, he's been out of the game for 4 years.

Didn't he miss his last game before retirement, a Champions Cup semi final, choosing to party with Zlatan in Vegas instead? I think that shows you his interest in rugby.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 am The rugby paper wasn't linking Tigers to Castro.

Basically.
Tigers are looking for a scrum coach and could do no worst than looking close to home in Castrogiovanni.

That was pretty much it.
Did I miss something RB? Is Boris going?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:28 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:56 am The rugby paper wasn't linking Tigers to Castro.

Basically.
Tigers are looking for a scrum coach and could do no worst than looking close to home in Castrogiovanni.

That was pretty much it.
Did I miss something RB? Is Boris going?
It's ok RB. ignore this. I've just seen the relevant thread.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ate-201019

Looks like Bonilla, Moroni and Wiese will be with us before the season starts. Bonilla will be here for pre season, Moroni will be here but currently injured and Wiese looks like his last game for Cheetahs will be on the 7th of November before coming here (our 1st game is the 21st of November)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

South Africa is on the quarantine list, isn't it?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:23 pm South Africa is on the quarantine list, isn't it?
Would assume so, which means he will leave quarantine the week of our 1st game
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Basically.

That was pretty much it.
Ah, a bit more 2+2 equals whatever you want (with acknowledgements to kk20gb30 :smt023).
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

sapajo wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:23 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 am I was only joking when I mentioned Castro earlier, but:

https://www.ruck.co.uk/martin-castrogio ... er-tigers/

I know its The Ruck, but they are quoting The Rugby Paper, which I don't get, so...

If true, it will be ammunition for the "we can't employ ex-Tigers" and anti GM brigade - "it's because he owns a restaurant with GM".
The Castro and Murphy restaurant enterprise is long defunct.
Didnt know that. Thanks for the update. 👍
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

In the finest rumour mongering tradition where could Aaron Mauger now be heading?

http://thehighlanders.co.nz/media-centr ... ighlanders
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

sapajo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 pm In the finest rumour mongering tradition where could Aaron Mauger now be heading?

http://thehighlanders.co.nz/media-centr ... ighlanders
Not us - seems like the results were not as good as either party wanted so bye bye
Hehehehehehehehe
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Mauger needs to settle in a backs/attack coach role for a time and do his coaching apprenticeship IMO. In his time as an assistant coach at Crusaders he was building a really good reputation which led to his career leaping forward at a quicker rate than it maybe should have. 2 years as an assistant at Crusaders, briefly here and then thrown into the head coach job.

Compared to someone like Daryll Gibson who spent 8 years as an assistant at varying set-ups before taking the helm with NSW. Now he's working as an assistant again in Vern Cotter's impressive young Fiji coaching set-up.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I don't suppose we are in the Market for Tom Staniforth who has just activated a release clause in his contract to "pursue an opportunity overseas". A very good servant for the Waratahs and a solid 2nd row with the Brumbies.
Hehehehehehehehe
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:19 am I don't suppose we are in the Market for Tom Staniforth who has just activated a release clause in his contract to "pursue an opportunity overseas". A very good servant for the Waratahs and a solid 2nd row with the Brumbies.
Thought he was off to Castres