Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: European finals 2020

Post by wormus »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:28 pm Steven Luatua has pulled out of selection after his wife has gone in to Labour, wish the bloke all the best.
Great timing!!
I wish his wife even more! Luatua has completed his work so could play and then go to hospital after the match. :smt002
Just like one of my past team mates did and his wife never forgave him. "What could I do in the Delivery Ward he said? :smt005
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Yes all the best to his Mrs too!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In my opinion if Bristol are serious about winning trophies they either need to develop Capon & Kloska more or find a better hooker than Thacker, all his silly offloads and tries mean naff all in a final when you need a hooker that throws properly and can do the basic stuff in the tight.
It turns out that offloads and scoring tries are actually useful in a final! Who knew?! :smt017
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

JP14, really classy post about Thacker, he is better than the hookers we have in our squad.
Good luck to him, he moved clubs and has won a medal so obviously a good move for him.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Knew Malins was a great player after he scored two out of nothing tries against us a few seasons ago. Has to be in the England team for me, such a talent.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:48 pm
In my opinion if Bristol are serious about winning trophies they either need to develop Capon & Kloska more or find a better hooker than Thacker, all his silly offloads and tries mean naff all in a final when you need a hooker that throws properly and can do the basic stuff in the tight.
It turns out that offloads and scoring tries are actually useful in a final! Who knew?! :smt017
Yes the same Thacker who blew one of the easiest finishes in rugby, had two poor lineout throws, got turned over and was handled by Etzebeth like a rag doll....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Congratulations to Bristol - good , strong performance.
Perhaps lost a little amongst the glitz , and glamour and the spectacle of the win was another (for me) great performance from Bristol Loosehead Yann Thomas.Massively underrated player ,and great acquisition for a side building a more than combative pack.The guy has enormous power and good technique .
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Robespierre, I assume, has some association with France and so can understand his support for Racing against Exeter but for me it's England Vs France. If I were to support a "second" English club it would be Exeter as they seem to have achieved what Tigers should aspire to ( and once had). Strong team ethic, nucleus of local/ regional players with a relatively small number of quality imports all backed by rigorous coaching that has created a recognisable house style and deserved success. Whenever I look at an Exeter line up it seems like the team performs better than the sum of its parts and I particularly like the way that they have managed to achieve all that success without having to resort to over reliance on importing players from South Africa and the Pacific Islands. So I'll be rooting for Exeter (and England!) this afternoon. One final thing - rereading what I've written - I'm not in any way xenophobic or anti overseas players and I fully recognise and enjoy the contribution that South African and Pacific island players have made to Tigers and the whole English Rugby Premiership.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Exeter are probably my least favourite club in the premiership. Whilst I agree that they are very efficient in the red zone they seem to get away with murder regarding blocking and diving off their feet at rucks. Their style of play is the anti-thesis of attractive rugby and I will be supporting Racing today 👍
A2O
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Jacko27 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 am Robespierre, I assume, has some association with France and so can understand his support for Racing against Exeter but for me it's England Vs France. If I were to support a "second" English club it would be Exeter as they seem to have achieved what Tigers should aspire to ( and once had). Strong team ethic, nucleus of local/ regional players with a relatively small number of quality imports all backed by rigorous coaching that has created a recognisable house style and deserved success. Whenever I look at an Exeter line up it seems like the team performs better than the sum of its parts and I particularly like the way that they have managed to achieve all that success without having to resort to over reliance on importing players from South Africa and the Pacific Islands. So I'll be rooting for Exeter (and England!) this afternoon. One final thing - rereading what I've written - I'm not in any way xenophobic or anti overseas players and I fully recognise and enjoy the contribution that South African and Pacific island players have made to Tigers and the whole English Rugby Premiership.
Yes, Jacko 27, I’ve lived in France for 21 years and am now officially half French. I’ve supported Tigers since the late 60s and are my number one team. However, I’m also a fan of Stade Toulousain and Racing, particularly the way they approach the game, so I’m firmly behind Racing this afternoon!
Semper in excretia
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 am
Yes the same Thacker who blew one of the easiest finishes in rugby, had two poor lineout throws, got turned over and was handled by Etzebeth like a rag doll....
No, you are right, Bristol really need to get a better hooker than him if they are serious about winning a trophy.. They'll never win a trophy with Thacker wearing 2. No chance whatsoever. It will never happen. Impossible.

Well done to Toulon for winning yesterday :smt023
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Definitely supporting Racing today!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Johnny Hill deserves to be banned at the moment, and Cown-Dickie's celebrations annoy me. Not a big fan of Stuart Hogg either. Or Ewers. On the other hand, what Exeter have built over the last 10 years is incredible, I have a lot of respect for them and I spent part of my life in Exeter so I'm supporting them today.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 am

No, you are right, Bristol really need to get a better hooker than him if they are serious about winning a trophy.. They'll never win a trophy with Thacker wearing 2. No chance whatsoever. It will never happen. Impossible.

Well done to Toulon for winning yesterday :smt023
As usual you’re retorting to being pedantic because you have no other way of addressing my completely valid points.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Cracking final so far, Chiefs with the lead but it’s by no means over yet!