Bye Bye Boris

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Bye Bye Boris

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

A genuine legend of the club, good luck to him & his family wherever that may be.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Can’t afford to pay him?
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Blimey this is a bit of shocking news. Just get the coaching set-up sorted and this happens.
Great coach, a proper character, and he has become a club legend.He will be missed.
Good luck Boris!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bye Boris thanks for all your hardwork for Tigers on and off the pitch it's the end of an era. Wonder if his current post will continue to exist post his exist?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Best wishes , good luck , and many thanks.Success awaits , I'm sure wherever.
Interesting to see who we bring in ,as to me the best , or better coaches want and expect free reign (would assume this is the case with Steve Borthwick in his role).Perhaps difficult when you have a former international forwards coach as your superior.
Still , change happens.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:35 am Bye Boris thanks for all your hardwork for Tigers on and off the pitch it's the end of an era. Wonder if his current post will continue to exist post his exist?
Club have said they're actively looking for a replacement. I can see given our Head coach's experience that a specific forwards coach is not required (possibly why Boris left as there's no role for a promotion) but not having either a forwards coach or scrum coach is surely not going to happen.

I think this is one of the most attractive coaching positions at our club.
1. 2 international or ex internationals in each position in the front row.
2. A club famous for good set pieces
3. A club possibly at the start of a rebuild so a chance if they're successful to take a lot of credit for helping a club forward (with minimum risk to reputation if it doesn't happen)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

sapajo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:35 am Bye Boris thanks for all your hardwork for Tigers on and off the pitch it's the end of an era. Wonder if his current post will continue to exist post his exist?
Erm..... “ The club has begun the process to find a replacement scrum coach and, in the interim, Head Coach Steve Borthwick will take on the role.”
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Always sad when someone leaves but it's happening a lot everywhere.
The balance between set piece strength and mobility around the park hasn't been right compared to top sides at this level IMVHO.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

BFG wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am Always sad when someone leaves but it's happening a lot everywhere.
The balance between set piece strength and mobility around the park hasn't been right compared to top sides at this level IMVHO.
Agree about the balance. Hopefully Boris will turn up at my second team the crusaders (he is a New Zealander after all)
A2O
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:18 am
BFG wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:08 am Always sad when someone leaves but it's happening a lot everywhere.
Agree about the balance. Hopefully Boris will turn up at my second team the crusaders (he is a New Zealander after all)
Nah Boris isn't a glory supporter he'll go to the Aucklanders :smt025
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Really sorry to see Boris go, he arrives as scrum coach after Cocker left and frankly our scrum under Cocker was pretty good but with Boris there was definitely more laughter on the training ground whilst the work ethic in that department was maintained so I am sorry to see him go. I really hope leaving was Boris's own choice and that the next step in his career works out well.
His replacement? I have no idea who they will go for but In will not be disappointed if Wiggy come home, Tigers through and through a great international and club playing career with several years coaching experience at a high level, there cannot be many better qualified.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=johnthegriff post_id=755379 time=1602931080 user_id=7213]
Really sorry to see Boris go, he arrives as scrum coach after Cocker left and frankly our scrum under Cocker was pretty good but with Boris there was definitely more laughter on the training ground whilst the work ethic in that department was maintained so I am sorry to see him go. I really hope leaving was Boris's own choice and that the next step in his career works out well.
His replacement? I have no idea who they will go for but In will not be disappointed if Wiggy come home, Tigers through and through a great international and club playing career with several years coaching experience at a high level, there cannot be many better qualified.
[/quote]

A nice thought, but I would be surprised if he were to come for the scrum coach role.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

This is really bad news. We've lost our most effective coach.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Two Boris's are you sure we've lost the right one.
One seams to know what he's doing. The other .....well............

Good luck Boris you are a legend in my book. Sad day for Tigers. I hope you are going to somewhere you are appreciated.
Please come back if offered a senior coaching role. :smt023
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Wiggy? Wasn't he scrum coach for us about 15 years ago? Then Forwards coach for England for 8 years? And the Lions? and now forwards coach for Munster?

Seems a bit unlikely to say the least. I'd give similar odds to Cockers coming back as scrum coach.