Tigers vs Bristol

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Bristol

Post by Big Dai »

Relegation would have been a better option. We are the weakest link....goodbye! .......and start again.

I hear your words Bill, but its harder now than you ever knew.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:00 pm
RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 pm
Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:57 pm

We also have a brand new attacking coach who may be a little bit responsible for our current attack, so as much as I understand why people give a lot of blame to Murphy, you should also look at our new attacking coach.
I would be amazed if a Backs coach actually wants to play this style of rugby.
But it’s probably difficult to implement a real attacking plan in only a few months
OK so why would it be down to him.
9/10 Kicking is usually always down to the person in charge of the game plan so Borthwick or Murphy.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Ha! Just spotted Worth.....trying to tackle Thacker as he crossed the line.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

There is no attack plan at all -it’s just abysmal
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Even that London Welsh team provided more entertainment!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

daktari wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm There is no attack plan at all -it’s just abysmal
How would we know if there was we haven't managed to string phases together so far.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:03 pm
daktari wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm There is no attack plan at all -it’s just abysmal
How would we know if there was we haven't managed to string phases together so far.
Largely cause we keep kicking it which would suggest we don't have one.
or
We refuse to use it.
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting what loads of people on this forum agreed back before the season restart, which is that Tigers had very little to gain in the back end of this season so it can be used for Borthwick to test his squad. I feel like every time a very weak, young Tigers get a lot of points put on them by a much better side everyone starts to lose there mind.

My main point is that if this keeps happening week in week out next season, people are right to start getting very disappointed but this season when we all now it’s a time for testing the squad can we all stop being so negative.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Here's the thing we have nothing to play for now Europe is over can't get 8th can't get relegated.
So why not try stuff.

I don't get it.
I mean even if it's barbarians style mess in attack just something fun for the last 2 games.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

There also seems no ability to change things that are not working. No trusting decision makers on field. One plan, march across the Somme and never mind the machine guns. Now do it again.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

We need the ball to attack, which we haven’t had. Trying to think of positives but it’s a struggle. We are rock bottom which means we can only move up. Also Henry has a great spark about him, so that’s a bonus to have a second fly half who is adventurous.
Can’t blame anyone, just a perfect storm from the last 2 seasons.
Onto the Quinn’s game and pray for a result and performance.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm if Murphy is in anyway responsible for our attacking plan he has to be sacked!
We also have a brand new attacking coach who may be a little bit responsible for our current attack, so as much as I understand why people give a lot of blame to Murphy, you should also look at our new attacking coach.
nothing has changed since before the new coaches came in in terms our our "tactics" we're trying to play like 90s Ireland only we can't defend and don't kick well enough
Richardfje

Post by Richardfje »

sapajo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:01 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm if Murphy is in anyway responsible for our attacking plan he has to be sacked!
Oh you mean the non attacking coach :smt009
He’s only been here a matter of months give him a chance, or you should have a go at his job trying to build rhythm with a back line that changes every week with a group of players he’s never worked with and haven’t really played with each other.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Richardfje wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:06 pm I feel like a lot of people are forgetting what loads of people on this forum agreed back before the season restart, which is that Tigers had very little to gain in the back end of this season so it can be used for Borthwick to test his squad. I feel like every time a very weak, young Tigers get a lot of points put on them by a much better side everyone starts to lose there mind.

My main point is that if this keeps happening week in week out next season, people are right to start getting very disappointed but this season when we all now it’s a time for testing the squad can we all stop being so negative.
Testing the squad is fine. But using losing tactics week after week is just moronic
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Huge respect to LI and Wuss tonight!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer