Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Post by Scott1 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm Farrell can’t and won’t be dropped, don’t think his ban lasts till then. Simmonds has had a bit of an easy ride I would argue at Exeter, his kicking to goal is very good but you need more than that at international level.
Yes Simmonds has an armchair ride at Chiefs,imagine Ford there!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:58 pm If we can’t get decent officiating on the pitch can we at least get a moderator of the board to give Scott1 a red card?
If acknowledgement and discussion of the current, abject, state of the club on the pitch is enough to get you chucked off the board then what's the point of it? I disagree with him when he says the officiating had no bearing on the result but there in is the fun of the board..
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm
chipnchase wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 pm

It was,but it wasn’t the reason we lost. It’s the same when we concede a super quick TBP then get praise when we come back Into the game because the other team has switched off. Excuses,excuses all the time
Why do you bother then? If the last few years are so bad, why are you here?
You can’t just stop loving your club! If only it was that easy
:smt023
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 pm

It was,but it wasn’t the reason we lost. It’s the same when we concede a super quick TBP then get praise when we come back Into the game because the other team has switched off. Excuses,excuses all the time
Flippin’ heck! If that’s your definition of love, I dread to think what you’re like when you hate something...
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

MCC1964 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Flippin’ heck! If that’s your definition of love, I dread to think what you’re like when you hate something...
Love moves in mysterious ways 😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I'm looking forward to the game against Bristol it's another chance to showcase the stellar progress we are making and silence the doubters
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sorry Tigerbeat I'm not having that first time they have played together thing be an excuse that is totally within our control and we CHOSE not to do it, apparently targeting the Challenge cup, well then in that case why on earth didn't we play that back line together when we had the chance, you you and others on here explained away odd selections?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 pm sorry Tigerbeat I'm not having that first time they have played together thing be an excuse that is totally within our control and we CHOSE not to do it, apparently targeting the Challenge cup, well then in that case why on earth didn't we play that back line together when we had the chance, you you and others on here explained away odd selections?
Another thing I kept saying over and over and over again. Big mistake going A team then Z team then A etc. Needed to constantly mix it up
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:09 pm sorry Tigerbeat I'm not having that first time they have played together thing be an excuse that is totally within our control and we CHOSE not to do it, apparently targeting the Challenge cup, well then in that case why on earth didn't we play that back line together when we had the chance, you you and others on here explained away odd selections?
Not making it an excuse....fact......Toulon were the better team and deserved the win....no arguments!
Murmurvali was not available till last week.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

The reason we lost wasn’t because our back line hadn’t played together.. it was a frustrating combination of poor kicking, missed tackles, poor calls by the officials and Toulon taking their chances. That’s it. Frustrating night but we have to move on... better team won.. could have been different but we can’t argue with the fact that the better team won.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

anz3001 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:58 pm If we can’t get decent officiating on the pitch can we at least get a moderator of the board to give Scott1 a red card?
Can't get a decent pitch to officiate on either!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The appalling officiating undoubtedly had an effect on the result tonight. Ford was way off, but even then we were in with a shout if we had anyone competent with the whistle. I imagine the TMO lives on the riviera, and as for M Poite, I always thought he understood scrums but it seems that Covid causes loss of sight as well as smell and taste!!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I actually don't think the officiating made a bit of difference. I agree it was poor though.

The first try was one of those things that gets missed plenty of times in every match, and Genge's try was a forward pass from Ford, he was much further from the line when he threw the ball than when it was caught.

We never looked like we could win this game. It wasn't anywhere near close enough to suggest we played well enough or that the officials had an outcome on the game.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hopefully Tigers now realise if the team can stay close to the opposition for 60 minutes we can finish strongly. Credit to the team not collapsing to a large defeat.
The team that plays v Bristol now have a chance to show they should be seriously considered for the first team!
Time to move on. Again.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:12 pm
The reason we lost wasn’t because our back line hadn’t played together.. it was a frustrating combination of poor kicking, missed tackles, poor calls by the officials and Toulon taking their chances. That’s it. Frustrating night but we have to move on... better team won.. could have been different but we can’t argue with the fact that the better team won.
I can
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….