Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toulon v Tigers - Challenge Cup Semi

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:45 pm Can’t believe people are still clinging to the officiating excuses! Time to wake up and smell the coffee for Gods sake!
We didn't deserve to win that game, but neither did Toulon and if the game had been officiated fairly its entirely possible that they didn't deserve to win a little bit more than we didn't...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Wow....no words for the officiating....just stunned. Nearly as bad as our kicking game. Attacking shape though the best it’s been. Some green shoots there. Scott, Liebenberg....very good.we don’t give up either.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I notice those that only post when we're losing are back then...

Not quite up to it tonight. Ford's kicking was awful and some of the decisions were, well I'm not going to say biased but....
Last edited by ads on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 pm It’s so frustrating though gents,this could’ve been avoided. The final nail was when AM was binned,we were hoodwinked by the “worldwide search,no stone unturned” and we hired MOC. That killed us,sad times!
What the hell has that got to do with this game?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

No I’m not trolling,I could say to those constantly making excuses that they are doing the same,no?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Relegation next season
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

ads wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm I notice those that only post when we're losing are back then...

Not quite up to it tonight. Ford's was awful and some of the decisions were, well I'm not going to say biased but....
To be fair they’re probably here more than the ones who posts only when we’re winning 😂
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

chipnchase wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 pm It’s so frustrating though gents,this could’ve been avoided. The final nail was when AM was binned,we were hoodwinked by the “worldwide search,no stone unturned” and we hired MOC. That killed us,sad times!
Because that was the beginning of the end,said it at the time and have been completely proven right!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

ads wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm I notice those that only post when we're losing are back then...

Not quite up to it tonight. Ford's was awful and some of the decisions were, well I'm not going to say biased but....
Yep. Fordy had a shocker. End of. No doubt some will be calling for his head....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:53 pm Relegation next season
Be careful saying that you troll!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:45 pm Can’t believe people are still clinging to the officiating excuses! Time to wake up and smell the coffee for Gods sake!
The issue is appallingly biased officiating, we weren’t great but you can’t expect to win a match with that standard of biased reffing. ERC need to seriously look at this as it brings the game into disrepute. The first 2 French tries should have been scratched - it wasn’t a ref mistake ( which I’m fine with, it happens) - they were wilful decisions not to check.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m banking on Ford getting back up after this but that was dire from our No.10. Jones will not be impressed, especially when there are other English No.10s playing so well in the Prem.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 pm
We didn't deserve to win that game, but neither did Toulon and if the game had been officiated fairly its entirely possible that they didn't deserve to win a little bit more than we didn't...
My thoughts exactly! We were very poor but given that their first 2 tries should have been penalties to us their 20-11 should have been 11-6 to us.. the better team on balance won but you can’t help but think had a decent referee been in charge then maybe things might have been different. Shame..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:53 pm
chipnchase wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:52 pm
Because that was the beginning of the end,said it at the time and have been completely proven right!
Geez. Enjoy slapping yourself on the back, son. :smt017
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

daktari wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:54 pm
The issue is appallingly biased officiating, we weren’t great but you can’t expect to win a match with that standard of biased reffing. ERC need to seriously look at this as it brings the game into disrepute. The first 2 French tries should have been scratched - it wasn’t a ref mistake ( which I’m fine with, it happens) - they were wilful decisions not to check.
ERC will just blame the French TV company and do nothing.

Plus ça change.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni