Cycling tops in club colours......anyone?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cycling tops in club colours......anyone?

Post by MCC1964 »

This thread may go nowhere!

I've been pretty impressed with the new club colours, the marketing thereof with some 'innovative' options such as slippers, snoods and cargo shorts - not all to my taste it has to be said.

But as a (very) amateur cyclist what I would kill for are cycling tops/jerseys in club colours (particularly that away stip!). When I'm out and about on my bike it's one thing you never see. There's plenty of cycling team representation, but I very rarely see other sporting club colours.

This thread may prove that I'm in the minority, but I see so many people out on bikes and know a lot of people who cycle too. And apparently there have been bike shortages due to Covid. It seems to be a great opportunity to make a few quid and get brand awareness out there. I tend to only wear my club top at games, but I'm out on my bike a heck of a lot more and wold happily have both.

Samurai already produce cycling gear so it wouldn't be a stretch......except perhaps over my belly.

Tigers, ifyou're listening three pocket short sleeve tops and a long sleeve winter top would be great! Thanks! :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Cycling tops in club colours......anyone?

Post by jgriffin »

Several times some of us have agreed we'd like them, and Samurai I believe has the capability.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'd definitely buy one in home colours.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

When I first saw the away strip I actually thought it would look good as a cycle top. So +1 from me.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

jgriffin wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:33 pm Several times some of us have agreed we'd like them, and Samurai I believe has the capability.
Indeed. I thought if it was a thread in its own right then someone might see it and take note......you never know!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Bad enough seeing some of the supporters' attempts to fit into a player quality replica rugby shirt, without introducing full on MAMIL into the equation.

I'm not against them by the way, just keep them on the bike/road :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:17 pm Bad enough seeing some of the supporters' attempts to fit into a player quality replica rugby shirt, without introducing full on MAMIL into the equation.

Good job we're not talking about the shorts then to go with the shirt :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

I’ve said this before on another thread, I’d love to see a rash top (under wetsuit top), especially in the away shirt. Though given that Leicester is about as far from the sea as you can get without going underground, it may not sell
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Yep, I've said before I would buy a road bike jersey in Tigers colours straight away. Home or away. In fact I'll put my pre-order in now if you like!!
I already use Tigers jerseys for mountain biking, especially in autumn/spring when it's a bit chillier. Away shirts like the orange one from a few seasons ago are great for that.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Don't know much about cycling gear but surely it is available somewhere in Italian national colours or in the North of Spain in the Basque country, could be worth looking online.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

northerntiger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:08 pm I’ve said this before on another thread, I’d love to see a rash top (under wetsuit top), especially in the away shirt. Though given that Leicester is about as far from the sea as you can get without going underground, it may not sell
I have used the earlier Tiger print baselayer as a rash vest for sailing. It did get some looks 🤪
As Good As It Gets
soggytiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by soggytiger »

Slight change of topic, the Legion have started doing Enamel poppy with sports clubs badges as a way to showing support for both. Currently there are Saracens, wasps Bears but no Tigers one. Have emailed the Legion to ask for a Tigers one- if anyone else would like to, then they may make them. Apologies but too much of a Luddite to do links to images etc.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

I’d take one
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:17 pm Bad enough seeing some of the supporters' attempts to fit into a player quality replica rugby shirt, without introducing full on MAMIL into the equation.

Clearly you've not seen half the MAMILs cycling around Leicestershire, a beer enhanced stomach certainly does not hinder their ability to wear a technical cycling jersey especially a Team Sky one.

Come on Tigers make it happen, several former players of note are supposed to enjoy cycling as well.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Clearly you've not seen half the MAMILs cycling around Leicestershire, a beer enhanced stomach certainly does not hinder their ability to wear a technical cycling jersey especially a Team Sky one.

Come on Tigers make it happen, several former players of note are supposed to enjoy cycling as well.
Don’t get me wrong, at least they’re making the effort, but when I see a fat lad on an expensive lightweight bike, I can’t help thinking they could lose a couple of pounds and save a grand on a cheaper bike.

And yes, the away shirt design would make a great cycling shirt
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….