QF cancelled - Castres forfeit match!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: QF cancelled - Castres forfeit match!

Post by Dangerous4 »

Not really the best way to progress, but that is the way things at this moment in time.Roll on the semis I guess.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Gutted, was looking forward to this. At least testing protocols prevented our lads risking their health (more than normal at least), questions have to be asked about the efficacy of Castres' bubble.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

CitizenSmiff wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:02 pm Gutted, was looking forward to this. At least testing protocols prevented our lads risking their health (more than normal at least), questions have to be asked about the efficacy of Castres' bubble.
They don't have a secure bubble though. It's not like the cricket where everyone was in a secure environment and players didn't see their families for weeks on end. The same with Leicester - one of our players could easily catch it and pass it on the a few team mates.
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

But they'd probably drop it in contact
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

I think that this means if Scarlets win we have Home advantage but if Toulon win we are playing in France currently 8-6 to Toulon. Could be interesting
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 pm I think that this means if Scarlets win we have Home advantage but if Toulon win we are playing in France currently 8-6 to Toulon. Could be interesting
Off to France we go. Scarlets had a chance to steal it at the death but fell asleep and got well and truly counter-rucked (well, the support was so bad it wasn’t really a counter ruck).
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:13 pm
Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:50 pm I think that this means if Scarlets win we have Home advantage but if Toulon win we are playing in France currently 8-6 to Toulon. Could be interesting
Off to France we go. Scarlets had a chance to steal it at the death but fell asleep and got well and truly counter-rucked (well, the support was so bad it wasn’t really a counter ruck).
I would have preferred we went to South Wales, I dont think we have ever won in Toulon, lovely place to go but sadly wont be going this time as too risky. :smt022
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:37 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm Imagine we might field a strong team for the away match vs Bristol on Wed now. Bristol put out their first XV last night so not sure how many will feature with only a 5 day break
The Bristol game is on the 30th September, after the Semi-Final on the 26/27th, I believe.
Yep you’re right :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Semi Final next Saturday, 8-00pm kick off.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 pm Semi Final next Saturday, 8-00pm kick off.
Unless the virus strikes!!

Nothing taken for granted.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:51 pm Semi Final next Saturday, 8-00pm kick off.
Showing on the Tigers website as Friday at 7:45pm :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Tigers would have to do 14 days quarantine if they went to France surely?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

tigerburnie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:31 pm Tigers would have to do 14 days quarantine if they went to France surely?
there is an elite sportsmans exemption so long as you are in a bubble
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

As a sportsman I'd have preferred to have progressed or failed by my own efforts.
But if competitors don't turn up,get injured or are disqualified you get a buy. First one on me - COVID 19 fail.
Are well into the bear pit..............
Plus - another week to prepare.........
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

LE18 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:15 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:13 pm
I would have preferred we went to South Wales, I dont think we have ever won in Toulon, lovely place to go but sadly wont be going this time as too risky. :smt022
We were always going to play Scarlets at WR. Oh well, Toulon with a crowd it is!