Kobus Van Wyk

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Kobus Van Wyk

Post by JP14 »

He hasn’t even trained with anyone at the club yet, just done individual training in the gym because his COVId results haven’t gone back.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

JP14 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:36 am He hasn’t even trained with anyone at the club yet, just done individual training in the gym because his COVId results haven’t gone back.
Could be quite a while yet then if he is waiting for a test result.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Not if they went private

That’s same day and £180!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Tigers conduct regular testing of players either once or twice a week through a private venture organised by Prem Rugby, which costs £80 a head.

Therefore I don’t think van Wyk will be the victim of the current public testing backlog.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I've just noticed that Kobus is not showing on the squad list profile page. Others all seem to be there, including Shalva Mamukashvili. Must just be awaiting an update.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

WirralExile wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am I've just noticed that Kobus is not showing on the squad list profile page. Others all seem to be there, including Shalva Mamukashvili. Must just be awaiting an update.
Neither are Wiese or Moroni. I believe van Wyk was signed from the 2020/21 season like them but has been able to arrive earlier.

His wife is due in a couple of months so there may have been family reasons rather that rugby ones making them want to get over and settled in their new home and health care whilst still possible. Were a second wave and lockdown to hit with them still in NZ then there would be a tough decision to make with a newborn on the way.

He isn't registered for Challenge Cup games so at most he could feature against Bristol and/or Quins if his covid test is negative.

With Murimurivalu having debuted, Steward looking a first XV player and Potter/Williams performing well I'd be happy enough with van Wyk being given until the start of next season to settle to be honest.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

ABClub wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:32 am
WirralExile wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 am I've just noticed that Kobus is not showing on the squad list profile page. Others all seem to be there, including Shalva Mamukashvili. Must just be awaiting an update.
Neither are Wiese or Moroni. I believe van Wyk was signed from the 2020/21 season like them but has been able to arrive earlier.

His wife is due in a couple of months so there may have been family reasons rather that rugby ones making them want to get over and settled in their new home and health care whilst still possible. Were a second wave and lockdown to hit with them still in NZ then there would be a tough decision to make with a newborn on the way.

He isn't registered for Challenge Cup games so at most he could feature against Bristol and/or Quins if his covid test is negative.

With Murimurivalu having debuted, Steward looking a first XV player and Potter/Williams performing well I'd be happy enough with van Wyk being given until the start of next season to settle to be honest.
Van Wyk was signed for this season I believe whereas Wiese and Moroni are for next, think I've read GM mention that Van Wyk will feature before the end of this season.