Post by Robespierre »

Dare I have a bit of optimism for Sunday’s match? 🤔
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Team vs Saints

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Disappointed to hear about George, hope it's nothing serious and that he's fit to face Castres although I have been very impressed with Henry, especially at 10. Very excited to see this backline working together, great centre pairing for me and exciting back 3. Solid pack and some great impact off the bench. Maybe Ellis will get the nod vs. Castres but after a big midweek shift a spot on the bench makes sense. Surprised to see JMP given the nod over Hardwick but otherwise looks promising.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:44 pm Dare I have a bit of optimism for Sunday’s match? 🤔
Yes, if you are thinking we will lose by 10.

If you think we can win, that is pushing it.

By the way that is not doom mongering. I have no concerns over current performances which are IMO largely meaningless. If you look at our backs for this game there are virtually all new. We have a new coaching team. It'd be a minor miracle if we could beat any of half decent team in these circumstances.

That said, yeah I do hope for a competitive game on this occasion - something resembling a proper contest. Call me optimistic :smt002 :smt003
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Disappointed by T Youngs return. Hoping for the best but expect any line out in decent attacking position to go horribly wrong.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

All depends which Saints team turn up. The one that wants to get bragging rights or the one who appears to be at odds with their incumbent coach.
I feel that not everything is right the other (wrong end )Welford Rd.
May just be me.....Now I've said it..the former will turn up.
I'm hoping that everyone in Tiger stripes has bought into the occasion of derby day.Pity no crowds.......
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I am looking forward to this now. It was all depressing wednseday but now optimistic for a great result.
I just pray we dont play a game of kicking the ball long to Naiyaravoro and see what happens.
Youngs and Henry i think will be really exciting.

Cant wait.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm Disappointed by T Youngs return. Hoping for the best but expect any line out in decent attacking position to go horribly wrong.
Have you been watching since post lockdown? even the harshest critics have been complimentary about the rejuvenated OTY, disappointed? I think not.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Old Hob wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:26 pm Disappointed by T Youngs return. Hoping for the best but expect any line out in decent attacking position to go horribly wrong.
What are you basing this on Old Hob? As far as I can see in the 2 matches TY has played since the restart our lineout success rate has been 39/42 and if my memory serves me correctly he wasn’t responsible for a few of the missed ones. Clare is in great form atm but TY has been near perfect at the lineout under SB unless I’ve missed something :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 pm
What are you basing this on Old Hob? As far as I can see in the 2 matches TY has played since the restart our lineout success rate has been 39/42 and if my memory serves me correctly he wasn’t responsible for a few of the missed ones. Clare is in great form atm but TY has been near perfect at the lineout under SB unless I’ve missed something :smt017
Nope you are correct.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Based on his performances since the resumption Im more than happy to see OTY starting. Unrecognisable from the player of the last couple of seasons.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Post a toro

Est bonum quadrigis.
Si pugnabit sicut unum
Si quis putas est
Non sine causa munera
Victoria enim nostrum

Or.

From behind the couch.
It's a good team
If we fight as one
If we think as one
Victory will be ours

As you say "everything is better when said in Latin.

Keep the Faith.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

is Hardwick injured? McPhillips over him is an odd choice given the latter hasn't impressed much, yet again 3 second rows start, I really dislike this trend, especially as we have left Taufua on the bench to do it.

What exactly is the injury to Ford? Also wondering when we will see Mamukusvilli make a match day squad
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:47 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 pm
Nope you are correct.
It’s called myopia.....or never let the facts get in the way of your point of view.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:02 pm is Hardwick injured?
Don't think so no
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:54 pm
Post a toro

Est bonum quadrigis.
Si pugnabit sicut unum
Si quis putas est
Non sine causa munera
Victoria enim nostrum

Or.

From behind the couch.
It's a good team
If we fight as one
If we think as one
Victory will be ours

As you say "everything is better when said in Latin.

Keep the Faith.
Impressed with the Latin Dai :smt040
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!