Zack Henry

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Zack Henry

Post by Dangerous4 »

Zak looks to have plenty of potential, and if used as a 10, could become a W R favourite, in much the same way Les Cusworth was. Definately one to watch. :smt023
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

He has certainly made an impression and deserves starting jersey. He is not on his own. Its great to see the incumbents all pushing for jerseys making 1st XV selection a hard decision for all the right reasons.

I think we new what we'd get from Nadolo so Henry has impressed because, to me, he was an unknown entity.

Reasons to be cheerful.Part .........
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Do you think Eddie would be interested?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 am Do you think Eddie would be interested?
Several in front of him I would think, Smith for one?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think we're starting to see how valuable Jan McGinty is to us. His recruitment seems to be bringing in the real deals...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:21 am
JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 am Do you think Eddie would be interested?
Several in front of him I would think, Smith for one?
Smith has been playing well, not a fan of Simmonds neither is Jones it seems, I quite like James Grayson and Umaga is a good prospect but his kicking probably isn't good enough for international rugby.

Just wanted to put the question out there, clearly a quality signing and has the makings of being a firm favourite.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Eventually worry will be if he continues to impress when will a club offer him a starting job elsewhere?
But rather have players sought after than no one wanting them.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:06 am Eventually worry will be if he continues to impress when will a club offer him a starting job elsewhere?
But rather have players sought after than no one wanting them.
That's exactly what we want. Three ways to mitigate it:

1) create a culture (and success) that makes people want to stay even if they could earn more and play more elsewhere.
2) develop Henry in other positions so even when Ford is available he is at least on the bench and can cover other areas.
3) prepare for this eventuality and have another prospect ready to take his place.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Henry knows he will play plenty when Ford is away with England, and his versatility means we can play him alongside Ford either at 15 or maybe even 12.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

JP14 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 pm Henry knows he will play plenty when Ford is away with England, and his versatility means we can play him alongside Ford either at 15 or maybe even 12.
He is a 10 that can play the other positions, square pegs in the square holes is my preference.
Until we know what our attacking game is going to be its difficult to know who fits in the 12,13 & 15 shirt.
Ford is as much part of the problem as part of the solution unfortunately.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

also him being second choice 10 only will be particularly unappealing as we almost never substitute Ford off the field, that's why people keep mentioning playing 15 etc.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm also him being second choice 10 only will be particularly unappealing as we almost never substitute Ford off the field, that's why people keep mentioning playing 15 etc.
Hopefully having a competitive reserve 10 can lead to Tigers being able to sub Ford off the field and rotate him when needed.

Hopefully having some more competition across the XV can lead to more rotation as needed.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

ABClub wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:03 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:00 pm also him being second choice 10 only will be particularly unappealing as we almost never substitute Ford off the field, that's why people keep mentioning playing 15 etc.
Hopefully having a competitive reserve 10 can lead to Tigers being able to sub Ford off the field and rotate him when needed.

Hopefully having some more competition across the XV can lead to more rotation as needed.
Agreed, part of the reason Ford never gets subbed is that he has been miles better than our second choice.

To me it very much looks like the plan is to have Scott as first choice 12. It would be great to have Henry on the bench to bring on to change the game at 12 if needed.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Henry hasn't played 12 for at least 2 years.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

He's shown a slipperiness worthy of Matt Tait with ball in hand. Great to watch.