Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Post by baz1664 »

Keep SB and Stanko and get rid of the rest of the back room staff, refresh, rejuvenate, we have a bunch of muppets who are killing this legendary club!!!!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 pm Also, next time we're talking about how our youngsters are "only 22" or whatever and still have loads of time to develop - watch this game back, watch Barbeary, then you'll understand what a top player looks like at the start of his senior career.
Not to mention Umaga at ?21
As Good As It Gets
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

One thing I can say with certainty is that the utterly futile kicking away of possession is Murphys bone. Indeed he made no bones about it when it was put to him at the last open supporters forum pre covid. He said despite all the criticism he would stick with it because it gave the players more time to recover by not having to play to much rugby in our half.

Murphy was and remains way out of his depth.

Remind me what is the definition of insanity ?

Last edited by sapajo on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Would love to comment on Barbery after he has proven he can play at hooker and do his basics, rather than just hang around in the loose, otherwise EJ won’t go anywhere near him.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:07 pm
Tiglon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 pm Also, next time we're talking about how our youngsters are "only 22" or whatever and still have loads of time to develop - watch this game back, watch Barbeary, then you'll understand what a top player looks like at the start of his senior career.
Leicester had lads as good as Barbeary but they didn't want them.
The connected were too scared by them.
Even Umaga had to go.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm Well, what is the point of us turning up? We are a complete shambles.
Zac Henry one positive.
What is the point of blooding these youngsters to just get pumped every game? Hardly breeds any confidence. And just says we are cannon fodder for the other teams.
Saints must be over the moon knowing they face dead men walking.
Need some honesty from the coaches about what we practice and what their plan is. Because it stands out as we have no clue.
Green shoots are being stood on every 80 minutes.
I was just putting the bins out and musing (or was it fuming) about what the selection policy might be. The ONLY thing I can think of is there has been a decision to not care at all what happens this season but to maximise, to the point of extreme, the playing opportunities for the younger players so when they do have to step in amongst the experience next season they will be better prepared and will know the standard they need to get to. I know it sounds odd but I am struggling given the heavy losses they are experiencing.
As Good As It Gets
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Personally I'm laughing at the moaners.
These are dead games! SB has been given a golden opportunity to find out about his players and his coaches (and I expect a small turnover in the next few months). If by next Easter we see no improvement, then moan. I really think none on here have been in a team trying to rebuild, even allowing for the three or four fulltime moaners. I do spend less and less time reading the dross - I mean, still going on about the hotel?? - and more paying attention to the 3 or 4 forum users who appear to have knowledge.
:smt037 :smt037 :smt037 :smt037
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Wow it didn’t take long to climb into Borthwick did it !!? Let’s face it, a lot of those players are not good enough to be on the bench for the first choice 23. I can only say that Henry and Wells came out with any credit, maybe Henderson. Aside from that, it wasn’t great and some of those guys will be departing or taking a back seat.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm
Even Umaga had to go.
While I agree about the good lads being missed (wrong club or connection in the past) - it has been ever thus - Umaga was the ££££, as I am beginning to think was the case with one or two others.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 pm Personally I'm laughing at the moaners.
These are dead games! SB has been given a golden opportunity to find out about his players and his coaches (and I expect a small turnover in the next few months). If by next Easter we see no improvement, then moan. I really think none on here have been in a team trying to rebuild, even allowing for the three or four fulltime moaners. I do spend less and less time reading the dross - I mean, still going on about the hotel?? - and more paying attention to the 3 or 4 forum users who appear to have knowledge.
Well said :smt023 it was always going to be at least a 2 year fix rather than overnight miracles. Big picture.. if we are mid table or higher come Easter who will even remember these matches?
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:22 pm
BFG wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm

Even Umaga had to go.
While I agree about the good lads being missed (wrong club or connection in the past) - it has been ever thus - Umaga was the ££££, as I am beginning to think was the case with one or two others.
I was told that he was offered peanuts, such an embarrassing amount that he was never going to stay.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well I guess if you find the standard of rugby is comical then you would find it laughable ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

amazing tiger wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:44 pm Tbh I do have to question the game plan before the games it's like we have almost admitted defeat before we go out there!! The attack is almost non existent we kick all the midfield ball away and our attack is so blunt.

Last year I felt the players were good enough but weren't trying at all at times today I thought we were trying but some players just aren't good enough. Of course today is a massive step backwards but this is going to be a long rebuild and we have seen some positives in the last 5 games
I have had the same view of it being a long rebuild but then I watched Bristol last night and Pat Lam reminded us they were in the Championship 2 years ago. To be fair to him I remember him saying when they were promoted that they wanted to be where they are now, and he has done it.
As Good As It Gets
Coleshillad
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Coleshillad »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:25 pm
jgriffin wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 pm Personally I'm laughing at the moaners.
Well said :smt023 it was always going to be at least a 2 year fix rather than overnight miracles. Big picture.. if we are mid table or higher come Easter who will even remember these matches?
+1
Fish8ter

Post by Fish8ter »

While on the face of it results have been hugely disappointing, but I agree with the comments that these are 'dead rubbers' and a perfect opportunity to look across the squad. The acid test will be how progress through next season, when we have a full compliment of players, they have had chance to integrate and we will also have the ability to bring in youngsters who have already been 'blooded'.

I also think SB will have learnt more about the whole squad these last few weeks and this will prove a good foundation in shaping his side going forward.