Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Post by Tiglon »

MurphysLaw wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 pm I can't wait to hear some of 'the learnings and positives' taken from this game.
Genge shaking his head when he got to the bench speaks volumes. :smt009
Genge had a poor match, if he's shaking his head at anything it needs to be his own performance.
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

What do you learn from this?
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Sorry we are just dreadful.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Duncan B wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:17 pm What do you learn from this?
Hopefully some new swearwords from those in charge
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Louis

Post by Louis »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm Radio Leicester, the Mercury, BT and the national papers need to demand answers from Borthwick over his selection policy and total lack of attacking plan
I am in no way disagreeing with you.

My thoughts are this: What is the plan?

Why: SB is no fool. Coached at the highest level. We've had big changes in personnel at Tigers. Lots of old blood out, lots of new blood in. Not all of it shabby by any means. What is happening at Leicester that results in this sort of outcome? There must be a plan, so what is it?
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm ...Saints must be over the moon knowing they face dead men walking.
In fairness they are playing about as well as us
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Louis wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm Radio Leicester, the Mercury, BT and the national papers need to demand answers from Borthwick over his selection policy and total lack of attacking plan

Why: SB is no fool. Coached at the highest level. We've had big changes in personnel at Tigers. Lots of old blood out, lots of new blood in. Not all of it shabby by any means. What is happening at Leicester that results in this sort of outcome? There must be a plan, so what is it?
Plan. Build a bigger hotel on the pitch?
I'm not cynical just experienced
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

That was so bad, they would have lost against a Championship side
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm Second half, Wasps have played far better and have executed their moves with accuracy and pace.....a well drilled side.
Credit must go to a good Wasps side and their position in the table is evident.
Tigerbeat, I am 99% of time positive, but at no stage in that game did we ever look like holding them. We got hammered in the second half and to be honest lucky not to get humped in the first.
Wasp were better by a country mile and shows just how poor we are and how far we are away from not being relegated next season.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

chewbacca wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:20 pm
Louis wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:18 pm

Plan. Build a bigger hotel on the pitch?
Very constructive
A2O
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

What I think tells heavily is the number of ex-Tigers players we face in opposition each week and how well most seem to be doing. It's a long list, too.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
gingertiger47

Post by gingertiger47 »

Sorry, but this is not "abnormally bad", it is the absolute norm! I donated my season ticket subscriptions to the club for the rebuilding of the team & all I have seen is recruitment of second rate players from second tier divisions, players past their prime & players who we let go for not being good enough when they were with us. I blame myself for yet again swallowing the propaganda from the board that this time will be different, just give them time, we are in transition etc. On paper we have a top drawer coaching & conditioning set up, but a second rate team & third rate board. And on top of this we have the fall out from the totally inept "renegotiations" of players contracts that will probably result in us losing most of our back line, but still having to pay them!!! Can it really get any worse?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Well played Wasps. Got their noses in front and played with the confidence. We couldn’t compete at that level. But why does the Wasps MoM have a blue tongue?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:21 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:16 pm Second half, Wasps have played far better and have executed their moves with accuracy and pace.....a well drilled side.
Credit must go to a good Wasps side and their position in the table is evident.
Tigerbeat, I am 99% of time positive, but at no stage in that game did we ever look like holding them. We got hammered in the second half and to be honest lucky not to get humped in the first.
Wasp were better by a country mile and shows just how poor we are and how far we are away from not being relegated next season.
This restart of the season is asking a lot of questions of the younger players and these games have been used as pre- season training and due to COVID....with no threat of relegation and not able to make the top 8, the coaches have the opportunity to see how the players handle the big games....lots to be learnt and work on.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Where was Genge? The Baby Rhino? No grunt, no physicality, no gain line breaks. Then it got worse. Kerr over rated and error prone, Enever, Coughlan, Chessum same issues as the over hyped Genge. White too busy faffing about to deliver quick ball. Porter, Kelly, Simmons and Worth played like strangers who never threatened once.

Pathetic.

Instead of putting out such an under gunned and naive side, we need to mix in the power houses and smart thinkers to bring them on.