Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Louis

Re: Midweek Game - Wed 09 Sep Away to Wasps

Post by Louis »

This is....abnormally bad.

My faith is kept, and I am happy with blooding youngsters, but I do worry about the plan occasionally. This is one of those occasions.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

speedski wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm
Crofty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 pm Apparently the biggest score Wasps have put on us in the premiership era, another record broken...
the biggest score we've ever conceded in the premiership actually according to the commentary
Championship vs Premiership
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I can't wait to hear some of 'the learnings and positives' taken from this game.
Genge shaking his head when he got to the bench speaks volumes. :smt009
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

If anyone from the club claims there are positives to take from this gongshow they need sacking...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Might as well get my post match thoughts out the way now.. the majority expected a mismatch today given the 2 teams in paper and yes that’s been the case. And not just that it’s a truly embarrassing score line.

What is disappointing is that, once again we started strongly and dominated the first 20. 7-0 up and looking strong and then a complete capitulation once again!

This has been a complete mismatch, very few positives to draw from this apart from some solid first half performances by Henry, Simmons, Potter and Porter.

But, it’s all about this weekend and more importantly next. That will give us a true indication of where we are.

Forget tonight, move on
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

IMHO I still say relegation this year would have kick started a clear out of dead wood and old ideas. How can the young players gain anything from hammerings like this
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Radio Leicester, the Mercury, BT and the national papers need to demand answers from Borthwick over his selection policy and total lack of attacking plan
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Crofty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:09 pm If anyone from the club claims there are positives to take from this gongshow they need sacking...
I don’t know what we are learning from this selection policy. Yes we can see individual potential but without experience alongside, it’s pointless.
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

WiggoTiger wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm IMHO I still say relegation this year would have kick started a clear out of dead wood and old ideas. How can the young players gain anything from hammerings like this
I fear that the young players being fed to the wolves will actually hinder rather than advance their progression
I'm not cynical just experienced
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:01 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:56 pm Awful second half so far. The more experienced players have added less than the players they replaced.

Disagree with some of that.
Kerr was playing awful
Wells been a improvement on chessum (Who granted is even more out of position)
Kerr was having a mare at the lineout but his mobility was helping cover for the fact we had three locks on against a far more mobile side. Clare has improved the set piece but isn't mobile enough to support the backline which is being overrun.

I'd be tempted to drop a few players to make a point. Ben Youngs who I normally defend on here would be at the top of the list. Coming on to concede a moronic penalty is not leading by example.
Tiglon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:06 pm Barbeary was lucky that his dominant pack caused him to create a try with a one handed off load while being tackled by two opponents. :smt005
Oh the lad looks like an international in the making but having front foot ball and space to show off your considerable talents helps. We know Henry is great ball in hand but he can't show in the second half because we haven't had the ball and the forwards give away penalties every few minutes to ensure we won't.
Crofty wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:09 pm If anyone from the club claims there are positives to take from this gongshow they need sacking...
First half from the young lads was good. Lots of heart and took the game to Wasps. Second half nothing good.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

WiggoTiger wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:10 pm IMHO I still say relegation this year would have kick started a clear out of dead wood and old ideas. How can the young players gain anything from hammerings like this
The problem is relegation would kill the club, there’s no sugar daddy to prop it up
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Im still worried that GM has got too much say in first team affairs!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Like Covid won't. If Tom had bothered to sell instead of being greedy we'd have security and new ideas. We're going backwards fast and will be in oblivion by 2023 the way we're going
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Well, what is the point of us turning up? We are a complete shambles.
Zac Henry one positive.
What is the point of blooding these youngsters to just get pumped every game? Hardly breeds any confidence. And just says we are cannon fodder for the other teams.
Saints must be over the moon knowing they face dead men walking.
Need some honesty from the coaches about what we practice and what their plan is. Because it stands out as we have no clue.
Green shoots are being stood on every 80 minutes.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Second half, Wasps have played far better and have executed their moves with accuracy and pace.....a well drilled side.
Credit must go to a good Wasps side and their position in the table is evident.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk