Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:22 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:20 pm

Scott1 do you ever have anything positive to say? #brokenrecord
I've said great comeback more than once 👍
Ok fair enough my bad, missed that :smt023
I guess everyone is just used to me being miserable haha
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

New boys Potter, Kelly and Henry looked really good, Taufua a beast, Clare a solid role all game. Definitely a move forward on the rebuild, happy with that despite the score.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Henry is looking good
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Some great looking recruitment and the kids look superb!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Was it me or did Lavanini step up 3x as much once Gigena came on?
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

RagingBull wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:28 pm Was it me or did Lavanini step up 3x as much once Gigena came on?
I thought from when Ford came on to be fair
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:24 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 pm
I've said great comeback more than once 👍
I guess everyone is just used to me being repetitively miserable haha
FTFY
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:31 pm

FTFY
What was there or has there been to be delirious about ? Haha I'm taking the positives out of today btw as I have been posting!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Never underestimate the quality of George Ford. What an impact on the game, I dread to think where we'd be without him. Ben Youngs looked very good off the bench and seemed to pay with more freedom than we've seen in years.

Taufua is just quality and I hope he's staying for a few more years yet. Lavanini looked to be a bit more angry and up for it this week. Henderson was good off the bench.

Bower and Clare looked squad players who would be making waves in the Championship but are probably not going to get extensions here. They were both well off the pace in the loose.

Porter looked a lot better once Ford was on directing him. Potter worked hard and his confidence seemed to go through the roof after the try which only raised his game. Henry looks to be a very handy acquisition and he'll be keen to learn from Ford to develop the tactical side of his game. Thom Smith put in a big shift on the flank this time, definitely one to watch.

Lots of things to work on but is that a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Yes Thom Smith looks much better on the flank, flying into tackles and rucks all game.

All our young signings impressed. Pity the same can’t be said for some of our academy graduates like Olowofela or Worth, maybe loan them out to try and build some confidence in the championship.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

If we try to win every game at the moment its pretty obvious we will trade short term gain for the more important task of rebuilding during a period of no pressure of demotion. This is about building a team that will put us back to the top on an enduring basis, which currently is Borthwick initially finding out about his full squad, while having to live with a ridiculous fixture list that shows that money talks more than player welfare at the RFU and PRU. .

He will have learnt he can fast track some promising youngsters, that in more conventional seasons would have not been given the chance, and also some are struggling. Cheshum has a terrific debut and Henry /Potter are rewarding game time again. Olowofela I’m afraid is too lightweight good enough in defence at the moment and Hardwick is going a little backwards.

I’ll only be worried if we are in the same position this time next season. As for Glaws, they have more to worry about the way they almost caved in after half time with an almost first XV.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:33 pm
FTFY
What was there or has there been to be delirious about ? Haha I'm taking the positives out of today btw as I have been posting!
You make some (very) fair points, and tbh I agree (100%) about the selection points but get bored and look for the off switch when the same drum is monotonously banged.

I don't think anybody is claiming we need to be deliriously happy about anything, likewise we don't need to read/hear monotonous despair either.

Change is happening, I truly believe that, and I also think that the coaches are getting valuable insight into individuals, combinations, strengths, weaknesses and despite wanting to see us dominate every match we play I am more than happy to accept the process happening now, in a 'dead' season.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:40 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:33 pm

FTFY
You make some (very) fair points, and tbh I agree (100%) about the selection points but get bored and look for the off switch when the same drum is monotonously banged.

I don't think anybody is claiming we need to be deliriously happy about anything, likewise we don't need to read/hear monotonous despair either.

Change is happening, I truly believe that, and I also think that the coaches are getting valuable insight into individuals, combinations, strengths, weaknesses and despite wanting to see us dominate every match we play I am more than happy to accept the process happening now, in a 'dead' season.
Fair post 👍
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I feel if we had our new signing in our squad both the Bath and Gloucester games could've been a lot closer.
But we didn't and we paid the price for not really having a full squad for this restart. (Not like we could've predicted all this).

Playing 4 games in 2 weeks is always going to be challenging when 7 senior players in your cap space are not available.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

There’s a bright light at the end of the tunnel!
Semper in excretia