Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by sapajo »

teds wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:25 pm
sapajo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm I had hoped that when Murphy moved upstairs we would finally see an end to our poor and ineffectual kicking game. Alas it's still with us and I can only draw the conclusion that Murphy has insisted just as he did when he was head coach that we still persist with it. :smt009
The kicking game is here to stay. I am confident the execution is already improving. Hopefully Sapajo, you will be able to draw a different conclusion at some point in the not too distant future.
I sincerely hope so to.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:33 pm
Big Dai wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:39 pm Dallaglio? Monye? Healey? Kay? Goode?
I thought "Pundit" meant "Wise man"?

Just saying! 😂😂
I prefer the pundits to the commentators and presenters!
Regrettably this is all too true. 7 years ago today we lost this gentleman.

"God gave me a low centre of gravity, bandy legs and a will to win"

Cliff "What a score" Morgan.

He and Bill..... I miss them. Yes, I'm just another old dinosaur wandering aimlessly toward the tar pit of life........
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have no problem whatsoever will people expressing an opinion and people disagreeing with them. I would have done the weaker side midweek and our stronger side either side but recognise others would not. Others would have done a mixed side and again I have no problem with that. SB is doing it his way and our players are learning to play that way. IMHO his strategy is aimed at preparing the squad for the Castres game and that will be the test of his success this season. The only thing I have a problem with is when opinions get too personal and in truth have no basis in fact. Our defence has improved, our lineouts have improved, our penalty count has reduced, our scrum has remained as solid as ever, our tackling has begun to work with the new laws. Yes we still have some way to go in attack but I believe we have not done as much work on that as the other element but I may be wrong on that. I think we will see our coach's best side out against the Saints in preparation for the Castres game 2 weeks later. Just my opinion of course
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The fact that Steward, Martin and Wallace played on Wednesday proves that we are rewarding form too...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:45 pm
sapajo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:25 pm
Murphy shouldn't of been the Head Coach, but if the previous appointment to him hadn't been so awful he wouldn't of been.
Quite!! In my opinion Murphy should have been relieved of his coaching duties a long time ago and then Tigers would surely not have been in the relegation zone and would almost certainly have played Championship rugby next season if Saracens hadn't fallen foul of the salary cap regs.
Semper in excretia
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Some of the hobby horses being ridden here have become decrepit.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Did I hear right that fans are back at Quins next game?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:57 pm Did I hear right that fans are back at Quins next game?
It's a trial event. Small number of fans will be allowed in.

Rugby should be a good option to allow socially distanced fans into. Just keep the bars closed to ensure nobody gets a little merry and forgets the rules. Rugby fans in the main are well behaved so it shouldn't be an issue.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

3500/15000. If it's successful and we're allowed a similar percentage we could be looking at around 6000 fans potentially.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:21 pm 3500/15000. If it's successful and we're allowed a similar percentage we could be looking at around 6000 fans potentially.
How might those 6000 be chosen?
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Rock, paper, scissors.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Personally, I think that the Crumbie stand will not be available for fans as it is currently a red zone, only permitting players and officials plus others who need access but have been tested. Away team have been using the ABC bars for changing.
May be able to get people into the stadiums but the biggest issue is managing the access and exit, toilets, cleaning. A lot of work to be done!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Gameday!!

I'm actually very excited about this one

A) I fully expect to lose but progress has been clear in each game.

B) Henry at FH for the majority of the game is exciting

C) Our front 5 isn't as outmatched as some are making out. If we can gain set piece parity and our defence is pretty good, then I think there's 15-20% chance when some big names get brought off the bench we may be in touching distance.

Look odds are massively against the win, but unlike some I see a route to a victory, and if we do WHAT a statement that would be from our 2nd team, even if not in this game, if our backup team gets wins at any point it is a massive credit!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am not expecting a win but I didn't expect us to win in Cardiff either. There will be lots of strange results and mis-matches before this season is ended because of the number of fixtures in such a short space of time - I do live in hope. :smt041 :smt041
Hehehehehehehehe
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:01 am Gameday!!

I'm actually very excited about this one

A) I fully expect to lose but progress has been clear in each game.

B) Henry at FH for the majority of the game is exciting

C) Our front 5 isn't as outmatched as some are making out. If we can gain set piece parity and our defence is pretty good, then I think there's 15-20% chance when some big names get brought off the bench we may be in touching distance.

Look odds are massively against the win, but unlike some I see a route to a victory, and if we do WHAT a statement that would be from our 2nd team, even if not in this game, if our backup team gets wins at any point it is a massive credit!
I like your optimism Steve. i'm tempted to say; "Dream on!"....oh I've just said it :smt003
Soggypitch