Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by ourla »

Redstripeman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 am ..there has been noticeably no comments regarding moving the ball through hands!!!
Is that because we are not working on forward play at the moment or are we just choosing to ignore it.
It's just a bit of coaching 101. Get the fundamentals right, make yourself difficult to beat, etc. Only then can you start to really play.
Redstripeman wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:52 am Still, looking forward to next season, when we put everything together and all are fit to play.
I think everyone now recognises that we are in a different era and things are going to take time. As always these days many people are a little bit impatient but I think after a dozen games we should start to see strong evidence things are moving in the right direction.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Gigena and Brink back in training, not likely to be ready for this weekend though
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kpj tiger wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 pm Gigena and Brink back in training, not likely to be ready for this weekend though
Great to hear :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

ads wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:14 am
Scott1 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:35 am Gloc by turning up.
Positive as ever there Scott....
Just a realist mate. We have just scraped past the joint worse team in the league and Gloc rested most of their first XV while we played ours. It could get messy
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

15 Steward
14 Williams
13 Porter
12 Harwick
11 Nadolo
10 Henry
9 Simmons
8 Smith
7 Coughlan
6 Lewis
5 Enever
4 Lavanini
3 Heyes
2 Kerr
1 Leitigaga

16 Mamukashvili
17 Bower
18 Dimen
19 Henderson
20 Brink (hopefully)
21 White
22 Olowofela
23 Potter
Last edited by Jimmy Skitz on Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Gigena and Lewis back in training. For me both go straight into the starting XV and swap Leatigaga to LH. Hopefully Brink can come off the bench to cause some havoc too. Would love Wallace to start but imagine him and Reffell will be rested.

Gigena Kerr Leatigaga
Lavanini Enever
Lewis Smith Coghlan
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:04 pm 15 Steward
14 Williams
13 Porter
12 Harwick
11 Nadolo
10 Scott
9 Simmons
8 Smith
7 Coughlan
6 Lewis
5 Enever
4 Lavanini
3 Heyes
2 Kerr
1 Leitigaga

16 Mamukashvili
17 Bower
18 Dimen
19 Henderson
20 Brink (hopefully)
21 White
22 Olowofela
23 Potter
Scott at 10 Jimmy? Or is that meant to be Henry and there's been a mix up with between players with first names as surnames!

I'd be really surprised if Nadolo features after 80 minutes in his first game back. Steward just played his first full 80 minutes of Premiership rugby too but if he recovers quickly they may consider him again.

Leatigaga has played a fair few minutes as well so would be surprised if he starts. I'd guess Bower (depending on what shape Gigena is in) will start with Leatigaga and Genge (didn't feature on Saturday) potentially on the bench for some serious impact.

The nature of playing pretty much all our senior players against Irish is selection for this game would be tough. I'd be excited to see 10.Henry 12.Hardwick 13.Porter though. There's a lot of talent and some good balance there.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

good catch I meant Henry
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am No way in hell Nadolo will play this weekend - first game back and will need some rehab after a big shift...

But glimpses of the mega talent we have acquired !!!
Yep.

I think Henry and a Olowofela will feature, having been unused last night. Not really sure how we’re going to play the selection of the rest. Enforced changes in the pack, obviously.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I don't see why Nadolo or any of the back 3 can't feature, its not like they took a physical beating like the Forwards, maybe they don't start but there unless they picked up an injury they should be ok to play
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:52 pm I don't see why Nadolo or any of the back 3 can't feature, its not like they took a physical beating like the Forwards, maybe they don't start but there unless they picked up an injury they should be ok to play
Listening to various commentators over the last couple of weeks they all seem to say they would have wanted to keep playing in this situation, and feel it is possible to play weekend/midweek by managing recovery through very light training and doing the Captain's Run.
As Good As It Gets
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

My crystal ball predicts we will be doomed at Glos. :smt022
Systonite
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Systonite »

Got to confess I haven't got a clue about the rules governing game time allowed to players or what our plan is for rotating players, but it would not be wrong to target the Castres game.That game is the only one that can yield anything significant. We have 4 games to play and 24 days before then. Plenty of opportunity to continue exploring options and getting new players orientated and match fit.
I hope we don't send too weak a team to Glos, who have the option of putting out a strong side. We have performed quite well overall since the return and could do without a confidence sapping hammering.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'll be very surprised if any of the teams proposed or suggested on here come to fruition. Us armchair pundits seem to have been wide of the mark thus far.

Fair to say I don't think we'll win at Gloucester, posh Richard has already claimed the bragging rights, along with the Remy bottle. An LBP would be a sign of progress for me.

For one, I've got to curb my expectation and my language. I'll Look for positives in performances. Yeah, Cliché time, but we've got to build.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

True, Tigers’ wins in Gloucester are rarer than hens’ teeth, so I’ll not be too optimistic, even an lbp. However, if the internet streaming works better than the game against Irish, I’ll be encouraging them armed with a glass of rouge 🍷!
Semper in excretia