Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Match is live on BT Sport 1.

Glos rested pretty much their entire starting XV in their match tonight so will be at almost full strength on Sunday. Will be a very tough match, especially given most of our first team put in a decent shift tonight. So I'm thinking something like this:

15. Steward
14. Nadolo
13. Worth
12. Porter
11. Potter
10. Henry
9. White
1. Leatigaga
2. Kerr
3. Heyes
4. Lavanini
5. Enever
6. Martin
7. Smith
8. Coghlan

Replacements
16. Mamukashvili
17. Bower
18. Dimen
19. Henderson
20. Lavin
21. Olowafela
22. Simmons
23. Hardwick

Maybe if Murimurivalu is available he will feature and I'd expect Wells/Martin to feature if they shake off their respective knocks picked up tonight although I'd expect a failed HIA to put Wells out for a bit.

I'd much sooner see Henry at 10 than 15 but if Steward has had too much game time coming off the bench against Bath then playing full 80 tonight perhaps we'll see Henry at 15 and Hardwick at 10.

Thoughts?
Last edited by OakhamTiger32 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester vs. Tigers - Sun 30 Aug 20 (1630)

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

There is no way any of tonight's backrow can play at the weekend, Taufua looked crocked for a lot of the game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Most of the players who played today will need to be rested. Assuming Lewis is still out due to illness, I would go for something like:

Leatigaga Kerr Heyes
Lavanini Enever
Wells Smith Coghlan
White Henry
Hardwick Porter
Nadolo Steward Potter

Mamu, Bower, Dimen, Henderson, Brink, JVP, Worth, Olowofela
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:01 pm There is no way any of tonight's backrow can play at the weekend, Taufua looked crocked for a lot of the game.
Good spot, missed that somehow.. sorted :smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm Most of the players who played today will need to be rested. Assuming Lewis is still out due to illness, I would go for something like:

Leatigaga Kerr Heyes
Lavanini Enever
Wells Smith Coghlan
White Henry
Hardwick Porter
Nadolo Steward Potter

Is Brink available? Not heard anything but would be great to see him
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:18 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:10 pm Most of the players who played today will need to be rested. Assuming Lewis is still out due to illness, I would go for something like:

Leatigaga Kerr Heyes
Lavanini Enever
Wells Smith Coghlan
White Henry
Hardwick Porter
Nadolo Steward Potter

Picture of him from the weekend training with the rest of the team, guy looked huge!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:24 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Leatigaga Kerr Heyes
Lavanini Enever
Wells Smith Coghlan
White Henry
Hardwick Porter
Nadolo Steward Potter

Picture of him from the weekend training with the rest of the team, guy looked huge!
Great news, thanks
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Last update on Brink (I think in an LTTV bit) was that he's still rehabbing and wont play until the start of the 2020/21 season. If he's ahead of schedule that'd be great but being photoed training with the squad doesn't necessarily mean he's anywhere near match fit.

Tigers commented on Facebook that Lewis was fit just not selected for today. So presume he will feature on Sunday.

Back row will be an issue. Liebenberg, Reffell and Taufua all playing 80 minutes is a tough side effect of the lock injuries. Had it not been for those knocks I reckon Martin would have replaced Liebenberg and Wallace replace Reffell with 20/25 minutes left. Similar with Ford, Scott, Taute and Nadolo all playing 80 minutes due to it being an average performance and close game.

1.Bower
2.Kerr
3.Heyes
4.Lavanini
5.Enever
6.Lewis
7.Coghlan
8.Smith

9.White (c)
10.Henry

11.Potter
12.Hardwick
13.Porter
14.Olowofela
15.Simmons

16.Youngs
17.Genge
18.Leatigaga
19.Henderson
20.Liebenberg
21.Reffell
22.JvP
23.Worth

Far from ideal but the nature of picking near enough full strength today is having a weaker side for the weekend.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Gloc by turning up.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

I think the big difference between the two teams.
Tigers seam to have adapted better to the rules and in general have reduced the penalty count. Glouc can give a lot of penalties away. Which may give us the platform.
Tough game. Hope the officials officiate or is that now the job of the TMO ( being cynical )
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:35 am Gloc by turning up.
Positive as ever there Scott....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think we could maybe see a couple of back to back players (not 2nd row or back row due to the injury issues messing up any sort of rest for them)
The complete rest vs Bath means there are likely some going to do it. Look at those subbed early yesterday, likes of YBY maybe
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Redstripeman

Post by Redstripeman »

..there has been noticeably no comments regarding moving the ball through hands!!!
Is that because we are not working on forward play at the moment or are we just choosing to ignore it.
We kick a lot of balls away as we cannot move up the pitch with ball in hand and inevitably kick for position.
We were very much on top the first half but our lack of a ground game failed to work the opposition enough to give us the points we deserved and domination.
London Irish came back into a game they had no right to, when they realised we couldn't hurt them, even when they opened up their game.
Still, looking forward to next season, when we put everything together and all are fit to play.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

No way in hell Nadolo will play this weekend - first game back and will need some rehab after a big shift...

But glimpses of the mega talent we have acquired !!!
Less is more....
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:08 am No way in hell Nadolo will play this weekend - first game back and will need some rehab after a big shift...

But glimpses of the mega talent we have acquired !!!
To be honest you’re probably right. The only game that really matters is the match against Castres so we need to avoid picking up injuries caused by over-playing players.. give the lads some rest but make sure we rotate and our first XV is available for 20 Sep