Planet Rugby - Leicester to remain in free fall

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Planet Rugby - Leicester to remain in free fall

Post by Traveller »

An article in Rugby Planet written by the sports journalist (I use the term loosely) James White is about stupid a piece of writing as I have ever had the misfortune to waste two minutes of my life on.

It really is remarkable that the same group of 'writers' who didn't have the courage to call out Saracens for their corruption of the competition year on year on year - and in that I include Barnes, Jones, Kitson et al plus the fool from the BBC, just love writing this gibberish about Tigers. The particular paragraph I that gives Jimmy White - a 'you really don't know what you are talking about' - is the one about the quality of the departing players v the paucity of the incoming players. Really? At a time when thousands of people have been given redundancy notices - extraordinary that someone like Jimmy is still employed. Hack writing at its worst.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Planet Rugby - Leicester to remain in free fall

Post by sam16111986 »

Yeah I saw that article as well. Embarrassing level of research. It looks like a blatant bit of click bait or headline filler because of no actual news.

Apparently losing Manu and Kalamafoni will cripple our side. Ignoring that for the cost of Manu we've signed two international centres (Scott and Moroni) with change or that we've replaced Kalamafoni with a South African eight years his junior and who was doing a note worthy job in the Pro14 before the season's premature end.

What really made me laugh was the line "You could almost put out a matchday squad from those leaving, and possibly one that would compete a darned sight better than any Leicester have picked so far this campaign."

I make it three players we'd have liked to retain in Manu, May and TV. If you wanted to play a game between leavers Vs remainers then the remaining Tigers would take them to the cleaners.

Hopefully the lads will start well next weekend and make the hacks eat their words.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Would much rather read an article from someone on the inside - https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/feature ... r-coaches/
Hehehehehehehehe
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Embarrassing lazy journalism.
Training for politics.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

"Hopes for the run-in
Survival. That’s the only word that matters to Leicester right now. "
I mean does this guy know that Saracens are relegated?
nasher

Post by nasher »

Unfortunately in the current climate what passes for journalism is hacks sitting at home with some old videos, several tins of loopy juice and dream up things to write. Sensationalism comes first, hearsay and rumour next, followed by pet hates. Truth and accuracy is not considered.
Remember he who pays the piper calls the tune.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:35 am Yeah I saw that article as well. Embarrassing level of research. It looks like a blatant bit of click bait or headline filler because of no actual news.

Apparently losing Manu and Kalamafoni will cripple our side. Ignoring that for the cost of Manu we've signed two international centres (Scott and Moroni) with change or that we've replaced Kalamafoni with a South African eight years his junior and who was doing a note worthy job in the Pro14 before the season's premature end.

What really made me laugh was the line "You could almost put out a matchday squad from those leaving, and possibly one that would compete a darned sight better than any Leicester have picked so far this campaign."

I make it three players we'd have liked to retain in Manu, May and TV. If you wanted to play a game between leavers Vs remainers then the remaining Tigers would take them to the cleaners.

Hopefully the lads will start well next weekend and make the hacks eat their words.
Regardless of what you think of the quality of incomings and outgoings, that quote is utterly ridiculous. Half of the players leaving have been playing all season, so they would compete a darned sight better than... themselves? :smt017

Or is he saying that Cameron Jordan is better than Lavanini and should have been first choice alongside Spencer?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

1. Bateman
2. Polota-Nau
3. Cortes
4. Spencer
5. Batley
6. Kalamafoni
7. Thompson
8. Boladau
9. N/A
10. Reid
11. Hughes
12. Eastmond
13. Tuilagi
14. May
15. Veainu

True, you can almost make a Leavers XV but in my opinion only it is not as good an XV as one we can fiedl now.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:11 pm 1. Bateman
2. Polota-Nau
3. Cortes
4. Spencer
5. Batley
6. Kalamafoni
7. Thompson
8. Boladau
9. N/A
10. Reid
11. Hughes
12. Eastmond
13. Tuilagi
14. May
15. Veainu

True, you can almost make a Leavers XV but in my opinion only it is not as good an XV as one we can fiedl now.
You could put Sam Harrison at 9 though his leaving was completely different
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBH I don't really agree with calling injury covers as leavers certainly not in the same bracket at least.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Mark62 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:06 pm
2. Polota-Nau
3. Cortes
4. Spencer
5. Batley
6. Kalamafoni
7. Thompson
8. Boladau
9. N/A
10. Reid
11. Hughes
12. Eastmond
13. Tuilagi
14. May
15. Veainu

You could put Sam Harrison at 9 though his leaving was completely different
By December 2019 Polota Nau's midriff had expanded so much he could find a pair of shorts he could get into never mind a team.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Accuracy and journalism have never dovetailed together ...
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

2. Polota-Nau
3. Cortes
4. Spencer
5. Batley
6. Kalamafoni
7. Thompson
8. Boladau
9. N/A
10. Reid
11. Hughes
12. Eastmond
13. Tuilagi
14. May
15. Veainu

That would be a first XV likely to be relegated, even if you could find a half decent scrum half to slot in.