How Many Premiership Clubs Can Survive This?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: How Many Premiership Clubs Can Survive This?

Post by trendylfj »

Can't see the terrace being used for some time - player's entrance! Can't see why the other stands except for the Crumbie can't be used and arrival and dismissal controlled by the stewards - sit where you are told to rather than allocated seats and leave row by row under instruction. Yes like going back to school but I would do that to watch a game
Hehehehehehehehe
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Tigers are going to continue to be the worst affected until supporters return, to some extent the others are less bothered about foot fall.
I prefer our business model, but it isn't designed for Global Pandemics.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugby and cricket members are a pretty responsible bunch when required to be compared to what I'm seeing in some pubs and seaside towns.
The tail is wagging the dog.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am Can't see the terrace being used for some time - player's entrance! Can't see why the other stands except for the Crumbie can't be used and arrival and dismissal controlled by the stewards - sit where you are told to rather than allocated seats and leave row by row under instruction. Yes like going back to school but I would do that to watch a game
Terrace can be tape-boxed so that households/families occupy boxes, with blanks either side and entrance/exit protocols. About 30% capacity BUT individuals would have to go into seating. Attendance could vary with seated one out of two matches, etc. Also think the private Zoom TV idea is a good 'un, so you get a live match then a TV one in your season ticket price.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:29 pm
trendylfj wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am Can't see the terrace being used for some time - player's entrance! Can't see why the other stands except for the Crumbie can't be used and arrival and dismissal controlled by the stewards - sit where you are told to rather than allocated seats and leave row by row under instruction. Yes like going back to school but I would do that to watch a game
Terrace can be tape-boxed so that households/families occupy boxes, with blanks either side and entrance/exit protocols. About 30% capacity BUT individuals would have to go into seating. Attendance could vary with seated one out of two matches, etc. Also think the private Zoom TV idea is a good 'un, so you get a live match then a TV one in your season ticket price.
Bit past Tigers technically I imagine, but the NBA in America, all being played at Disney, you buy your ticket and then somehow they screen you from your living room watching the game, as if from your seat.

Realistically when spectators are allowed in and wanting to keep Stewards at a minimuM for risk of infection, I think the big stand would be used for spectators and the Crumbie for players officials press etc
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I wouldn’t Do it to watch a game. It just wouldn’t be enjoyable and that’s ultimately why I go to games.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I have to agree it doesn't sound that appealing - no atmosphere, designated arrival times, waiting after the game has finished in your seat before being allowed to leave.

Plus potentiallly worse kick off times to maximise TV audiences.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:47 am I have to agree it doesn't sound that appealing - no atmosphere, designated arrival times, waiting after the game has finished in your seat before being allowed to leave.

Plus potentiallly worse kick off times to maximise TV audiences.
Agreed, but at the moment do you take watching live sport under further regulations, or having no crowds at all.

The only other solution would be to build a quick stadium on Bournemouth beach where social distancing doesn’t matter.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

Yeah, I know the clubs have no choice but to try and get as many seats filled as possible, I just wonder how many fans really want to pay for the experience if its nothing like a normal match day experience anytime soon.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

If they tell me I can go to Welford Road, I'm going, I don't care if it's different...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm Yeah, I know the clubs have no choice but to try and get as many seats filled as possible, I just wonder how many fans really want to pay for the experience if its nothing like a normal match day experience anytime soon.
A game of rugby will be played. That’s all I need. That’s why I pay for a season ticket. I will be there.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TigerBoy1880 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:03 am
Cardiff Tig wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:26 pm Yeah, I know the clubs have no choice but to try and get as many seats filled as possible, I just wonder how many fans really want to pay for the experience if its nothing like a normal match day experience anytime soon.
A game of rugby will be played. That’s all I need. That’s why I pay for a season ticket. I will be there.
+ 1
A2O
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

I'm glad some people are still keen. But watching a rugby game in a big stadium with zero atmosphere is worse than on TV for me.

I go to WR for the excitement of the crowd, joking with the away fans and having a few beers with friends. None of which is going to be likely any time soon unfortunately.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:13 pm I'm glad some people are still keen. But watching a rugby game in a big stadium with zero atmosphere is worse than on TV for me.

I go to WR for the excitement of the crowd, joking with the away fans and having a few beers with friends. None of which is going to be likely any time soon unfortunately.
I totally understand that, and of course different people go to the game for different experiences.

For me it’s all about the rugby and I get as much enjoyment, and frustration, going to watch Leicester Forest 2nds as I do watching Tigers.
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Cardiff Tig wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:13 pm I'm glad some people are still keen. But watching a rugby game in a big stadium with zero atmosphere is worse than on TV for me.

Of course it will be different but life is different at the moment. Yes it will be weird sitting in a stadium with not much noise but welcome to the new world. If I get the opportunity to watch Tigers at Welford Road, whether there’s 25000 people there or 2500, the rugby on the pitch will still be played. I’ll turn up, sit in my seat, watch the match and then go home.