TV Coverage

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

TV Coverage

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I may have missed it, but does anyone know what the TV proposal is from BT when we kick off for the remainder of this season? Will all games be viewable via different chsnnels/red buttoms or is it the normal couple of live games and highlights for the rest?
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Coverage

Post by kk20gb30 »

Believe nothing as yet confirmed by BT Sport , personally waiting with interest.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

I've just seen that Sky are showing all bar one of the super league matches next weekend.

With the reach of Super League being very minor you'd hope that BT would be able to do something similar or better for union.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

The Daily Mail resorting that all games will be screened with season ticket holders getting access to fixtures: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... newal.html
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

A higher value TV deal almost certainly means fans paying more, either through increased subscription fees or through needing more than one provider for all the games.

I wish the clubs would address that when they eye up more money from Sky.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 am The Daily Mail resorting that all games will be screened with season ticket holders getting access to fixtures: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... newal.html
Question is, if they do, will they allow clubs to see partial season tickets for this so us filthy causals (that have to travel 300 miles or so to get to Welford Road) can see the games?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

It is 11 days until we kick off, 10 for the Friday night game and still no kick off times. I know it’s a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune but BT are really messing us around. We haven’t even been told when we will be told. No other sport would put up with this.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Crofty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:09 am The Daily Mail resorting that all games will be screened with season ticket holders getting access to fixtures: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... newal.html
Question is, if they do, will they allow clubs to see partial season tickets for this so us filthy causals (that have to travel 300 miles or so to get to Welford Road) can see the games?
As a filthy casual that lives miles from Welford road I would much appreciate this. Would be willing to pay a bit as well (probably have to limit to non-BT matches so not to upset them). Would be a nice way for Tigers to monetise their bigger fan base as well.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

rdracup wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm It is 11 days until we kick off, 10 for the Friday night game and still no kick off times. I know it’s a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune but BT are really p***ing us around. We haven’t even been told when we will be told. No other sport would put up with this.
If no fans are going to be there, does it really matter what time kick off is? What does it matter if KO is 2pm, 4pm or 6pm on saturday?? Surely no ones calendar is that stacked out at the moment.

Although I probably won't be watching as I'll be cycling in the Pyrenees or recovering with a beer next to the pool, unless the rules change by tomorrow evening!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ads wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 pm
rdracup wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:10 pm It is 11 days until we kick off, 10 for the Friday night game and still no kick off times. I know it’s a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune but BT are really p***ing us around. We haven’t even been told when we will be told. No other sport would put up with this.
If no fans are going to be there, does it really matter what time kick off is? What does it matter if KO is 2pm, 4pm or 6pm on saturday?? Surely no ones calendar is that stacked out at the moment.

Although I probably won't be watching as I'll be cycling in the Pyrenees or recovering with a beer next to the pool, unless the rules change by tomorrow evening!!
This is absolutely right does it really matter, unless it takes you a couple of hours to get to your sofa. Also as you have to watch it on BT you also have the capacity to to record to watch whenever you like.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

ads wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Seems to be the better option to me!
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

SthrnTiger wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:27 pm
Crofty wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:50 am
As a filthy casual that lives miles from Welford road I would much appreciate this. Would be willing to pay a bit as well (probably have to limit to non-BT matches so not to upset them). Would be a nice way for Tigers to monetise their bigger fan base as well.
I'd love the club to offer a "virtual season ticket"

1-good way to generate income
2-allows fans to access the TV content that other ST holders get without requiring a BT subscription
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

More info released, and confirmation that Exeter Vs Leicester is to be televised live by BT Sport on Aug 15 :

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... -confirmed
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

All matches played behind closed doors will be televised on BT Sport.

BT Sport is also working with Premiership Rugby and the clubs to offer eligible season ticket holders free access to home Gallagher Premiership matches broadcast on the BT Sport App.

Premiership Rugby has today revealed the fixture programme for the remainder of the 2019/20 season together with details of coverage by BT Sport.

Leicester Tigers resume Gallagher Premiership action on Saturday, August 15 with a trip to top-of-the-table Exeter Chiefs in a game to be shown live by BT Sport.

That is followed by back-to-back home games at Welford Road against Bath Rugby and London Irish in the space of five days, and there’s a Sunday trip to Gloucester Rugby to bring August to a close.

Tigers kick off September with a home game against Sale Sharks ahead of back-to-back derby games in Rounds 19 and 20, with a trip to Wasps followed by a home game against Northampton Saints in a 2.00pm kick-off on Sunday, September 13.

Fixtures in Round 21 – when Tigers are due to travel to Bristol – are still to be confirmed due to the European commitments of Premiership clubs but will be played in mid-September.

The final game of the regular season is against Harlequins at Welford Road on Sunday, October 4 when the full league programme kicks off at 3.00pm.

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/pr ... -confirmed
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

What's the cheapest way these days (apart from dodgy streams) of getting BT Sport?