Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by jgriffin »

Traveller wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm Interesting reading Steve Diamond congratulating Steve Diamond for convincing MT to join Sale. Stevie Diamond pointing out that he Steve Diamond, had spoken to MT, and after that MT knew that Steve Diamond was the person he wanted to play for because he was Steve Diamond. Steve went on to say that unlike people that aren't Steve Diamond, he Steve Diamond is able to convince people that aren't Steve Diamond to play for him because he's Steve Diamond. I sometimes wish I was Steve Diamond, but sadly I'm not Steve Diamond.
And because he's direct and uncomplicated unlike Tigers :smt046
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:15 pm
Traveller wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm Interesting reading Steve Diamond congratulating Steve Diamond for convincing MT to join Sale. Stevie Diamond pointing out that he Steve Diamond, had spoken to MT, and after that MT knew that Steve Diamond was the person he wanted to play for because he was Steve Diamond. Steve went on to say that unlike people that aren't Steve Diamond, he Steve Diamond is able to convince people that aren't Steve Diamond to play for him because he's Steve Diamond. I sometimes wish I was Steve Diamond, but sadly I'm not Steve Diamond.
Yes sorry, I missed that bit. So second edition:-

Interesting reading how Stevie Diamond was commenting that because he is direct and uncomplicated, unlike other people who are indirect and complicated, particularly everyone else, only me, (I, he, him, we, thou) Stevie ‘direct and uncomplicated’ Diamond should congratulate Steve Diamond for convincing Manu Tuilagi to join Sale. Stevie Diamond pointing out that he Steve Diamond, had spoken to MT in a direct and uncomplicated way unlike other people who might have spoken to Manu in a complicated and indirect way, and afterwards because of that MT knew that Steve Diamond was the person he wanted to play for because he was Steve Diamond and Stevie Diamond speaks in a direct and uncomplicated way. Steve went on to say that unlike people that aren't Steve Diamond, he Steve Diamond is able to convince people that aren't Steve Diamond to play for him because he's Steve Diamond and he is direct and uncomplicated. I sometimes wish I was Steve Diamond, but sadly I'm not Steve Diamond, which is why my wife just left me because she says I speak in an indirect and complicated way. She will now be playing at 7 for Sale. Big regrets the Curry boys.

I just wish I was Stevie Diamond and needed to go on and on and on and on in the press about how I am Stevie Diamond. Although I’ve never won anything as a coach.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Steve Diamond usually has something to say - in his very nature.Personally can take or leave him.
The squad and team he has assembled at Sale is now brimming with quality and for the first time in recent seasons will be expected to deliver.There is no hiding place now , its no longer 'little Sale' not spending to the Cap.We should - and are waiting - to see the quality of his coaching now (or not) rather than see and hear the hype.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Steve Diamond:
I certainly wanted more than nine games, which was his average number of games for Leicester.

“We talked about how we would do that and our driver is to get him playing for England like he does, but also playing very well for us and hopefully he gets on the Lions tour. So not a lot of pressure
Solid plan, Steve :smt017
I told him that we’ll make him feel welcome and we’ll look after him.
Groundbreaking approach, Steve.

I would agree with Steve that he is uncomplicated. Or, to use a more uncomplicated description, simple.

Joking aside, in defence of Steve, it's not his fault that every nondescript statement about Manu becomes news these days. What else is he going to say when the media department ask him to make a statement?
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:30 am Steve Diamond:
I certainly wanted more than nine games, which was his average number of games for Leicester.

“We talked about how we would do that and our driver is to get him playing for England like he does, but also playing very well for us and hopefully he gets on the Lions tour. So not a lot of pressure
Solid plan, Steve :smt017
I told him that we’ll make him feel welcome and we’ll look after him.
Groundbreaking approach, Steve.

I would agree with Steve that he is uncomplicated. Or, to use a more uncomplicated description, simple.

Joking aside, in defence of Steve, it's not his fault that every nondescript statement about Manu becomes news these days. What else is he going to say when the media department ask him to make a statement?
I think your question is rhetorical but just in case its not, and because I have too much time on my hands this morning, I think the answer to your question is as follows;

"Well the media department here at Sale, which is where I Stevie Steve Diamond work, and where I am the only Stevie Steve Diamond there is, have asked me Stevie Diamond to make a statement on how I Stevie Steve Diamond convinced Manu, in a direct and uncomplicated typically Stevie Steve Diamond way, to sign on for me personally rather than for other people who aren't Stevie Steve Diamond (people with names like Mark and Rob who have never won anything).

Fade out to the Manchester Philharmonic Choir singing "there's only one Stevie Diamond, one Stevie Diamond, there's only one Stevie Diamond.............."
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Neil Fissler (Rugby Paper , 26/7/2020) suggests that Alex Goode is about to re commit to Saracens following on from the already agreed season long loan in Japan.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Confirmed after lengthy speculation, Craig Trenier to 'Quins:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53554765
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:15 pm
For 'Direct and Uncomplicated' read 'Only person with access to a cheque book big enough to pay Manu's salary whilst leaving him eligible to continue his England career'. Really cannot see it as the most testing of negotiations, sort of get the feeling that Manu would have signed for Oakham thirds (nothing against Oakham, my old club) if they would have paid him enough money and kept him England available for another year.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:59 pm ...another Sarries extension:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53555408
I thought I had read that he left the club some 3 months ago?
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rob Simmons and Tom Homer sign for London Irish
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:39 pm Rob Simmons and Tom Homer sign for London Irish
Botha, Coleman, Simmons & Mafi are all great second row options for Irish but they’re in need of some hookers.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JP14 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:59 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:39 pm Rob Simmons and Tom Homer sign for London Irish
Botha, Coleman, Simmons & Mafi are all great second row options for Irish but they’re in need of some hookers.
Coleman might not be there next season he's allegedly one of the players unhappy with signing up to reduced terms.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Gabriel Ibitoye signs a 2 year deal at Agen