New Kit

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerMac3
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: New Kit

Post by TigerMac3 »

Would love the club to replicate the home shirt on the previous academy shirt. From watching The Academy on RugbyPass I thought that would be a real hit with fans
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Well I will stick with my short sleeve home shirt with NEXT on and the letter I on the back for home games and my red/green/ white Superdry one for away games. I accept the modern design might be liked by the younger generation and the away kit by The County at Grace Road for 20-20 games!
Whatever, let’s hope we can all get the different kits we all wear worn at Welford Road before Christmas!
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh, somehow I don’t think the Samurai images are going to do the away kit justice. They often look much better when they roll out the shops
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Seems most Tigers fans like both kits. Funny how it seems Saints fans on social media are trying to rain on our parade. At least we haven’t got TOOL written across the chest.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Well....that was worth the wait.
So for the first time in ages I'd have to by both home and alternative......Don't tell the good lady as finances are low,,,,,,,,
If I had to choose between one or t'other it would have to be alternative,. Cannot wait to see the team photo.
Who would not want to play in that kit?

By the by.....I'm a medium size. Does any one know how Samurai fit? Would I have to purchase a M or L. ( At advancing years I'm not as "Ripped" as I once was) No longer designed for the skin tight look.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Two sorted on the Xmas present list.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:14 am Two sorted on the Xmas present list.....
Thanks - didn't know I was on your list :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The casual Facebook/Twitter fan brigade don’t like it, but I love the away kit, how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit). Home jersey is starting to grow on me but in my opinion the stripes are too big and too few.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:48 am The casual Facebook/Twitter fan brigade don’t like it, but I love the away kit, how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit). Home jersey is starting to grow on me but in my opinion the stripes are too big and too few.
Think we need to see it on jp get what you mean though I do like the diagonal stripes.
Facebook crowd are wrong on this occasion
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:32 pm Seems most Tigers fans like both kits. Funny how it seems Saints fans on social media are trying to rain on our parade. At least we haven’t got TOOL written across the chest.
Well let’s hope that with ‘Topps Tiles’ on our boys’ shirts they don’t get laid by tools like Stains!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:48 am The casual Facebook/Twitter fan brigade don’t like it, but I love the away kit, how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit). Home jersey is starting to grow on me but in my opinion the stripes are too big and too few.
Agree I love the away shirt
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Where is a picture of them chaps?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:48 am how they incorporated the Stihl logo is very good (which is a first for a Tigers kit).
Apart from the time they made the whole kit orange? :smt003
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Actually there are a lot of positive comments on Facebook too.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 pm Would love the club to replicate the home shirt on the previous academy shirt. From watching The Academy on RugbyPass I thought that would be a real hit with fans
Retro style home kit, along the lines of what the academy play in and then something like the current away kit. Tigers would make a small fortune by covering both the traditional and the modern. If the academy shirts went on sale I think they'd out sell the first team kit, I would certainly buy one.