Re: Transfers and Rumours Non-Tigers 2019-20

Post by speedski »

Alemanno signs for the cherry and whites
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:13 pm Mulipola signed for Gloc?
Yep till the end of the season
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

speedski wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:36 pm Matias Alemanno signs for the cherry and whites
UPDATED LINK https://www.instagram.com/p/CCoZMGRAQJ2 ... _copy_link
Last edited by speedski on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Page removed. Hope it isn't true!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

RichieB wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:39 pm Page removed. Hope it isn't true!
Its true, they updated the post, new link added.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

speedski wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 pm
https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2020/ ... -alemanno/

Confirmed by the club themselves
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:43 pm
speedski wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 pm
https://www.gloucesterrugby.co.uk/2020/ ... -alemanno/

Confirmed by the club themselves
Meh!
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Elliot Daly , re-signs for Sarries:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53419052
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Ben Betts has chosen not to take up his new contract at Doncaster in order to peruse a career outside of rugby in Ireland
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Interesting that Ted Hill has been made club captain at Worcester. I love that move by Warriors, giving a young player responsibility and an opportunity to drive the club forward.

I'd honestly love for Tigers to do the same with Tommy Reffell. A player with lots of success in the academy and U20 interntaionals being given the chance to drive things forward with a new coach.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:26 pm Interesting that Ted Hill has been made club captain at Worcester. I love that move by Warriors, giving a young player responsibility and an opportunity to drive the club forward.

I'd honestly love for Tigers to do the same with Tommy Reffell. A player with lots of success in the academy and U20 interntaionals being given the chance to drive things forward with a new coach.
Difference being Hill is a nailed on starter for Worcester, Reffell is not for Tigers, especially with the news regarding Taufua
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Can someone please tell me the reason for so much hype around Reffell? He looks like a very promising player but I have yet to see him stand out in a Premiership match. Lions tourist? Club captain? The new Sam Warburton?

Just let the guy play a bit of rugby before you expect him to be the messiah. I hope (and expect) he's a lot more down to earth than some of you are!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:56 pm
ABClub wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:26 pm Interesting that Ted Hill has been made club captain at Worcester. I love that move by Warriors, giving a young player responsibility and an opportunity to drive the club forward.

Difference being Hill is a nailed on starter for Worcester, Reffell is not for Tigers, especially with the news regarding Taufua
With Brink not due back until next season he will be a nailed on starter for the foreseeable. Personally I could see Brink and Taufua rotated a fair bit as well.
Tiglon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:33 pm Can someone please tell me the reason for so much hype around Reffell? He looks like a very promising player but I have yet to see him stand out in a Premiership match. Lions tourist? Club captain? The new Sam Warburton?

Just let the guy play a bit of rugby before you expect him to be the messiah. I hope (and expect) he's a lot more down to earth than some of you are!
Always makes a positive impact. Most consistent defender in the squad. Attacks the breakdown very well. Leader throughout the academy and U20 internationals. A lot to be impressed by. It's subjective but I've definitely seen him standout in Prem rugby as well.

I haven't seen anyone suggest he'll make the Lions. He's made more senior appearances than Warburton had at 20 I would point out though!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I believe Reffell was the only Welsh U20 picked outside of Wales and captain to boot
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:25 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:56 pm

With Brink not due back until next season he will be a nailed on starter for the foreseeable. Personally I could see Brink and Taufua rotated a fair bit as well.
Tiglon wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:33 pm Can someone please tell me the reason for so much hype around Reffell? He looks like a very promising player but I have yet to see him stand out in a Premiership match. Lions tourist? Club captain? The new Sam Warburton?

Always makes a positive impact. Most consistent defender in the squad. Attacks the breakdown very well. Leader throughout the academy and U20 internationals. A lot to be impressed by. It's subjective but I've definitely seen him standout in Prem rugby as well.

I haven't seen anyone suggest he'll make the Lions. He's made more senior appearances than Warburton had at 20 I would point out though!
It was suggested in the Lions thread. Reffell is 21, so that comparison is slightly unfair!

Anyway, looking forward to watching him develop further over the next year.