LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Post by POSTIGER »

As others have said, centre seems to be a position in which players are frequently injured and so finding a centre without a chequered injury record is virtually impossible. That said, Orlando is still recovering from a full shoulder reconstruction- that would surely represent a bigger risk than usual.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Episode 3 The revenge of the Contracts.

Post by Mark62 »

From Lavanini Instagram I see that Viljoen is still in Leicestershire, his contract will have only ended on june 30 I guess, but seems strange he hasn’t returned home.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 am From Lavanini Instagram I see that Viljoen is still in Leicestershire, his contract will have only ended on june 30 I guess, but seems strange he hasn’t returned home.
Kyle Brink mentioned he spoke to EW before signing and he has helped him get oriented here, maybe he's got himself a new club in the area (Wasps, Cov, Nottingham?)
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:16 am
Mark62 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 am From Lavanini Instagram I see that Viljoen is still in Leicestershire, his contract will have only ended on june 30 I guess, but seems strange he hasn’t returned home.
Kyle Brink mentioned he spoke to EW before signing and he has helped him get oriented here, maybe he's got himself a new club in the area (Wasps, Cov, Nottingham?)
Looks like they could be house sharing or Brink is taking over Viljoen lease
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:03 am De la Fuente signs for Perpignan for 3 years. The Instagram follow must just mean he is a Tigers Fan!! :smt038 :smt003
If he's a fan he can sit down and watch the games with one of the USAP coaches formerly of WR Perry Freshwater.

A three year deal on presumably good money for a 29 year old is ideal. There's an arms race in ProD2 and Perpignan who I think were second at cessation of the season won't want to miss out on promotion next time to the new big spenders.
duffers
Tiger Cub

Post by duffers »

The following ESPN article (in Spanish) suggests possible destinations for some of the Jaguares squad.

https://espndeportes.espn.com/rugby/not ... l-exterior

Links us to Julian Montoya & Matias Moroni.

Links Matias Orlando to Newcastle & Matias Alemanno to Gloucester.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

duffers wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:07 pm The following ESPN article (in Spanish) suggests possible destinations for some of the Jaguares squad.

https://espndeportes.espn.com/rugby/not ... l-exterior

Links us to Julian Montoya & Matias Moroni.

Links Matias Orlando to Newcastle & Matias Alemanno to Gloucester.
I doubt Newcastle have the money. They weren't flush with cash as it was and no games until November isn't going to help that. Gloucester could certainly do with locks.

Any Pumas with dual citizenship should be ones for us to look at, at the minute.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Moroni would be a great addition, leads the defence from midfield which we’ve been massively missing since Allen left. Physical player who can also cover wing too.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Matias Moroni is being pushed about to us by a lot of Argentine press.
But nothing that actually suggests we are looking at him.

More Tigers could or should look at him for a Manu replacement.
But really he is the type of 13 I would like for us too be looking at a good balance of strong runner and elusive speed. Similar style to Jesse Kriel or Joseph when he was in his prime.

But that article just reads outside of Montoya as these clubs should look at these players again not actually linking them.
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

https://mobile.twitter.com/Argentina_20 ... 7704024064

Rumor: Matías Moroni to Leicester Tigers.

Interesting thread with other rumours Jaguares of to Gloucester etc

Could have credentials:
Follow
Paul Tait
@Argentina_2027
EDITOR / ARGENTINA / SOUTH AMERICA of
@americasrugby
Convinced of Flag of ArgentinaArgentina as RWC Host.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Moroni is of Italian descent so if he's got that dual nationality/citizenship whatever it would mean he doesn't take up a foreign player spot. In theory he'd be a fairly ideal signing.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Knightonian wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:02 pm https://mobile.twitter.com/Argentina_20 ... 7704024064

Rumor: Matías Moroni to Leicester Tigers.

Interesting thread with other rumours Jaguares of to Gloucester etc

Could have credentials:
Follow
Paul Tait
@Argentina_2027
EDITOR / ARGENTINA / SOUTH AMERICA of
@americasrugby
Convinced of Flag of ArgentinaArgentina as RWC Host.
It looks like the guy just saw that article and assumed it was a rumour
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

First reported 3rd July we were looking into him to replace Manu. Seems most of the reporting was local and in Spanish, hence why we all missed it :smt002

I’d bring in Moroni and Jones. Moroni can play 14 just as well as 13 and would give us some added flexibility.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:28 pm First reported 3rd July we were looking into him to replace Manu. Seems most of the reporting was local and in Spanish, hence why we all missed it :smt002

I’d bring in Moroni and Jones. Moroni can play 14 just as well as 13 and would give us some added flexibility.
Look at Jones Wikipedia entry and it says he can cover wing and 15 too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:28 pm First reported 3rd July we were looking into him to replace Manu. Seems most of the reporting was local and in Spanish, hence why we all missed it :smt002

I read articles about him and us for a bit now and it's all just argentine media putting 2 + 2 with nothing suggesting otherwise unless you have a article that says differently.