LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by BigDan50 »

Yes a :censored: up by someone in BT sports but to say that the person responsible should be sacked is a disgrace, Just remember that the person who made the mistake probably has a wife and family to support and to ask for someone to be sacked for something so trivial Is pathetic.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

BigDan50 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:13 am Yes a :censored: up by someone in BT sports but to say that the person responsible should be sacked is a disgrace, Just remember that the person who made the mistake probably has a wife and family to support and to ask for someone to be sacked for something so trivial Is pathetic.
I agree, it is shockingly bad from the organisation, but an article for a company like that surely needs multiple people (editor's etc) to review and authorize. The company need to take collective responsibility apologise and put in procedures to prevent a repeat.
A premature firing of a person who made a mistake does not fix the issue or the root cause.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

Anymore popcorn today? I’ve still got Lewis, Lavanini and Taufua on my list that need ticking off! 😀
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

I hope so. After all the ones we already knew about, it'd be nice to get the odd pleasant surprise!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

BigDan50 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:13 am Yes a f**k up by someone in BT sports but to say that the person responsible should be sacked is a disgrace, Just remember that the person who made the mistake probably has a wife and family to support and to ask for someone to be sacked for something so trivial Is pathetic.
I agree 'the person responsible' (if there was 'a' single person) shouldn't be fired - for all the reasons you give. 'The person' probably knows as much about rugby as they do about World Fly Fishing Champions and probably wouldn't know the difference between Dane Cole and Dan Cole. They probably downloaded the photo from a bank of photos that had been labelled inaccurately. However it isn't trivial - its symptomatic.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Loob19 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 am Anymore popcorn today? I’ve still got Lewis, Lavanini and Taufua on my list that need ticking off! 😀
Patience, young Skywalker!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tigers app used to open with a picture of Taufua. Mine just opened with OTY.

What does this mean?!?!?! :smt017
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

loretta wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 am Tigers app used to open with a picture of Taufua. Mine just opened with OTY.

Tom's moving to the back row? :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

loretta wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 am Tigers app used to open with a picture of Taufua. Mine just opened with OTY.

Only the club knows and as always we just have to be patient and wait to be told.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity