Interviews - LTTV by Bondi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Interviews - LTTV by Bondi

Post by fleabane »

Steve Borthwick had some very interesting and informative things to say in his Tigers’ interview, but it was so difficult to watch!

The constant editing of camera angles at inappropriate moments and the chaotic approach of the interviewer smack of a very amateur production, but perhaps not quite as bad as the interview with the Chief Executive, which was excruciating.

Does the club budget stretch to a couple of days media training?
Last edited by fleabane on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla I am coming!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Interviews

Post by Mark62 »

fleabane wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:20 pm Steve Borthwick had some very interesting and informative things to say in his Tigers’ interview, but it was so difficult to watch!

The constant editing of camera angles at inappropriate moments and the chaotic approach of the interviewer smack of a very amateur production.

Does the club budget stretch to a couple of days media training?
It was done by the same guy who has done all the other LTTV interviews, any issues with those ?
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Yes, see edit above.
Valhalla I am coming!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Don't watch them then :smt003
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I have no issue with how they have been presented. They are internal and have been made for the benefit of the supporters / fans. Opportunities for access to CEO, Chairman, DOR, Head Coach, Finance Director, Club Doctor, Contracts Manager have been very informative and interesting.
Not sure how many other clubs have been giving access to this level of questioning.
They were not produced with the intention of winning an award but to inform people.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

fleabane wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 pm Yes, see edit above.
I think the content in both, and all the others was the most important thing, which was exactly what fans were looking for.
I would imagine it is very difficult doing interviews over Zoom/FaceTime, which all the others were. The Borthwick one Steve was holding the mic, with I imagine 2 fixed position cameras which kept on moving between, not ideal but maybe better than just one pose.
As for the interview style, Bondi is a bit scattergun but he gets the information out that we as fans are looking for, and I would imagine, looking at his previous jobs, and the fact that he is the clubs social media manager, he will have had media training.

This thread just goes to prove what I have always suspected. Some people are never happy unless they have something new to complain about
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Agree the flicking between two angles not ideal but overall I think the interviews have been great in giving an insight into the club and have really enjoyed them.

I’m also a fan of Bondi’s interview style - informal but still asks the key questions.

Have any other clubs given that sort of level of access?

Hearing directly from Andrea and Jan found particularly interesting as wouldn’t normally.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Bondi asks the right questions which is the main thing. Perhaps the Radio Leicester rugby show should take a leaf out of his book :smt003
A2O
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

We feel very informed, and this new media initiative - long may it continue as I think it is engaging as well as putting some things to bed. Bondi does a good job.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:08 pm We feel very informed, and this new media initiative - long may it continue as I think it is engaging as well as putting some things to bed. Bondi does a good job.
The Borthwick interview was slightly annoying visually, but I listen more than watch anyway.
There is potential longterm for the chance to have a "Bondi does....series"
Zoom is not exactly set up to provide high class TV production values.
I think our CEO comes over very well, even in the stilted form of Zoom.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:54 pm Bondi asks the right questions which is the main thing. Perhaps the Radio Leicester rugby show should take a leaf out of his book :smt003
He does, but they will be vetted prior and asked in such a way to provide the answer the club wants you to hear. So the interviewee already knows the "right" answer. SO it will be different to that of BBC RL.

All good though and I've enjoyed them. I too just listen to them typically, put them on Youtube in the background whilst working.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I didn't mind the changing camera.
I'd even do a zoom in and out next time, and a picture of Eddie Jones in the background.
It's all good fun but for those lacking any H & B are doing buy one get one half price on mood tablets.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Crikey, the Club can't win with some people. :smt017
Quite rightly, I think, criticised in the past for poor communication and lack of information, they now are giving the supporters regular insights from the Chairman down. Yes, it is presented in an informal way, and there might be the odd glitch, but I can take any 'quirkyness' from Bondi in exchange for him asking the right questions and listening to what is being said - he's doing a decent job imo, especially so now, during the lockdown.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I liked the answers he gave but it felt like the same question being asked at least 5 times but slightly differently. I suspect it was pushed through to get a good news story on the board after the last couple of weeks. Good to hear Borthwick though.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

MurphysLaw wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:38 pm Crikey, the Club can't win with some people. :smt017
Quite rightly, I think, criticised in the past for poor communication and lack of information, they now are giving the supporters regular insights from the Chairman down. Yes, it is presented in an informal way, and there might be the odd glitch, but I can take any 'quirkyness' from Bondi in exchange for him asking the right questions and listening to what is being said - he's doing a decent job imo, especially so now, during the lockdown.
Totally agree :smt023 :smt023 The Bondi interviews are a breath of fresh air, but it seems that some still criticise, however they did not edit out him breaking the chair or several other adventures. Well done Sam, Geordan, Andrea, Peter , Steve etc :smt026