Manu Tuilagi

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu Tuilagi

Post by Scott1 »

Say his salary was 500k ,who in the GP is gonna be able to pay him more than 375k?! Could he still re-sign?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Mollycat

Post by Mollycat »

Seems to be some movement reported by telegraph at 3 pm that players involved have been given until monday ,discussions over weekend as reconcilliation has been sought,sorry dont know how to post link,reported on twitter

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... er-tigers/
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm Say his salary was 500k ,who in the GP is gonna be able to pay him more than 375k?! Could he still re-sign?
Only if Tigers decide to kowtow to him yet again.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Perhaps the mouth watering image of Nadolo, Taufua and Manu linking up and flattening everything in their path at speed is not quite fantasy yet!
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

If I was in his position.........
I would have accepted the 25% reduction with a chance of clawing some back during the seasons return. In real terms this may have resulted in a loss of 10-15% for the period of non playing.
My international career would still be possibility.
The imponderable - is there a Prem league club available within the salary caps and would I get anything near to my current earnings.

Yes Freddie may be forcing his decision as he has done previously . We are not offering football salaries.
Come on Manu be brave . See the light and accept to secure your future and see out your contract. Life moves fastly and who knows what will be available at the end of your contract.

Thank you RFU for the clarity regarding selection for overseas players. Don't leave as Castro did with a sour taste.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

If Manu does accept the club offer I hope and trust that it as exactly per the same conditions that have been accepted by players and all club employees. If not its potentially a recipe for resentment and bad feeling going forward.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sapajo wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:23 pm If Manu does accept the club offer I hope and trust that it as exactly per the same conditions that have been accepted by players and all club employees. If not its potentially a recipe for resentment and bad feeling going forward.
I'm sure its the same offer that was on the table until the original deadline
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

As soon as I saw Freddie's post earlier today I thought here we go again - he is being steered back again as the prodigal son to save the day. Last time he was looking at Toulon and possibly others and then after the wailing from Tigers fans (a lot of them anyway) he signed again in a great PR fanfare. I can just see this being played out again but if so they might want to be careful that Sir Manu may not hold the same regard with all Tigers fans
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I am always disappointed that Manu hasn't really developed his game, whether injuries have played a part but they should of persuaded him out of the crash bang approach.
He has always looked better slightly leaner than maybe his older brothers who carried the size better.
I always thought he should of been following the Umaga, Nonu template they started as wingers before ending up at 12 as very skilful yet still big players.
Good luck to him, I think we all expected him to leave in 12 months anyway it just sours everything that has gone before as a whole family.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Bundy wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:07 pm As soon as I saw Freddie's post earlier today I thought here we go again - he is being steered back again as the prodigal son to save the day. Last time he was looking at Toulon and possibly others and then after the wailing from Tigers fans (a lot of them anyway) he signed again in a great PR fanfare. I can just see this being played out again but if so they might want to be careful that Sir Manu may not hold the same regard with all Tigers fans
What did Freddie's post say?
As Good As It Gets
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

He tweeted a chap holding a finger to his mouth as to say 'ssshh' and saying "If you don't know the whole story shut up" so there was obviously something coming
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I suspect that his signing or not doing so is probably based on the advice of his agent. When that happens to be a senior member of your family it can be very difficult to go against that advice.
Rutlandtiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Rutlandtiger »

If he resigns for the tigers he will play 28 minutes in the first game then go off with a groin injury out for 11 weeks.
If he signs for Toulouse he will destroy 5 players from the half way line and go in under the posts.
Which do you want??
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rutlandtiger wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:18 pm If he resigns for the tigers he will play 28 minutes in the first game then go off with a groin injury out for 11 weeks.
If he signs for Toulouse he will destroy 5 players from the half way line and go in under the posts.
Which do you want??
Cynic!
:smt004
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

For me I would like the rollercoaster of media hype and theatrics to end and agents not holding clubs to ransom.
But then I'm either an optimist or cynic