Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by strawclearer »

jgriffin wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:39 pm Tigers physio Dave Orton has announced he is leaving the club after 10 years
Uneasy feelings....... :smt017
Same here.......

Very.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:31 pm
JP14 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:47 pm
RagingBull wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 pm Wonder if Taufua might be another who could be looking at going.
Could be Genge, Tuilagi, Ford, or even Johny McPhilips!

The point is that it does no good speculating especially when people like Neil Fissler just copy and paste rumours from message boards such as these to (like Bondi said) to just sell the papers.
Doubt that.
Genge, Tuilagi and Ford will have England draw, and no other premiership club will really beat our offer.
Least be logical, they could well leave but it's a lot more unlikely than the other names.

I like Bondi but it's not like the club have done much other than tease incomings for about a month now in that regards.
I have no problem waiting but when no news happens, even copy and paste rumours at least brings some discussions.
C'mon RagingBull you of all people should know the club cannot announce players until they (the players) are ready.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Yes I know that and don't mind waiting.
But you can't not expect idle speculation when you are not providing information it will always happen.

Although what's the reason for Harry Potter not being able to be named yet?
I've always wondered what are some of the players reasons for not being announced because most of the time it isn't even them holding back the info.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Fingers crossed the Lavanini and Veainu rumours don’t come to fruition. Petti signed for Bordeaux, not Stade as reported.
Last edited by Leicestertinytiger on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 am Yes I know that and don't mind waiting.
But you can't not expect idle speculation when you are not providing information it will always happen.

I've always wondered what are some of the players reasons for not being announced because most of the time it isn't even them holding back the info.
If it was Potter who was pictured at Victoria Park it seems farcical that the club say nothing. Particularly when the photo taken by one of the club's own players. It feels a little disrespectful to those supporters who are currently hanging on every news bulletin, journalist report and rumour. It is only out of concern for the club and the desperate hope for a brighter future.
Last edited by RichieB on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

The Tigers PR has always been old fashioned and shockingly insular. But its led from the top.....
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well looks like Harry Potter confirmed by the club
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

:smt038
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:59 am Well looks like Harry Potter confirmed by the club
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:59 am Well looks like Harry Potter confirmed by the club
Let's hope he renders his opposite number completely immobile.............Petrificus Totalus !!!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

10am on the dot. Are we expecting further popcorn at 11 and onwards???
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

From the rumours, it’s Itoje next, then Allemano, then Yarde, then the SA winger.....sorry couldn’t resist. Oh, forgot Isiekwe.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RichieB wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:50 am
RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:27 am Yes I know that and don't mind waiting.

If it was Potter who was pictured at Victoria Park it seems farcical that the club say nothing. Particularly when the photo taken by one of the club's own players. It feels a little disrespectful to those supporters who are currently hanging on every news bulletin, journalist report and rumour. It is only out of concern for the club and the desperate hope for a brighter future.
Perhaps because they want to name several signings at once and wanted to put that off whilst there were talks with staff over potential redundancy. Might not have been Potter they were waiting on.

The club might not have been particularly happy about McPhillips post either. I remember Cockers being particularly annoyed by a Jordan Crane tweet that detailed the length of his injury.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

“Disrespectful”? Give over - you’re going woke. Maybe he only arrived in country a couple of days ago, and god forbid maybe there’s a plan for announcing new arrivals.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 am

“Disrespectful”? Give over - you’re going woke. Maybe he only arrived in country a couple of days ago, and god forbid maybe there’s a plan for announcing new arrivals.
What does 'going woke' mean? I looked on Google and the only suggestion given doesn't make any sense in the context used.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lock incoming

Blake Enever....
Hopefully he’s one of two locks incoming.
Last edited by RagingBull on Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.