Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Season Tickets

Post by sapajo »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 pm My daughter and son in law have had to move their seats in the Crumbie after being subjected to repeated verbal abuse by not so warm senior supporters who should be ashamed of their language and behaviour. They are still undecided if they should renew their season tickets as a direct result.
That's awful - has no action been taken? I assume they've reported it?
Thank you, yes it was reported during the match to the stewards who then got the safety manager down to help, the club suggested they find spare seats for the remainder of that match somewhere else in the stadium and told them that they would be in contact to arrange for them to find and move seats but they have not heard a dickie bird from the club since. I and I know they under the circumstances find it very disappointing and leaves a bad taste.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sapajo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:05 am
strawclearer wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:57 pm
sapajo wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:33 pm My daughter and son in law have had to move their seats in the Crumbie after being subjected to repeated verbal abuse by not so warm senior supporters who should be ashamed of their language and behaviour. They are still undecided if they should renew their season tickets as a direct result.
That's awful - has no action been taken? I assume they've reported it?
Thank you, yes it was reported during the match to the stewards who then got the safety manager down to help, the club suggested they find spare seats for the remainder of that match somewhere else in the stadium and told them that they would be in contact to arrange for them to find and move seats but they have not heard a dickie bird from the club since. I and I know they under the circumstances find it very disappointing and leaves a bad taste.
The solution, of course, would have been to eject those giving out the verbal abuse!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Totally agree its appalling that the club should reward the abusers by asking the victims to move seats leaving them in situ to carry on regardless. :smt013
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I seem to remember this being mentioned and discussed a few years ago - has it happened again or are we talking about the same incident?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:15 pm I seem to remember this being mentioned and discussed a few years ago - has it happened again or are we talking about the same incident?
This abuse I believe was dished out during our last home match, if my memory serves me well.
anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by anz3001 »

I only sat in the crumbie once, I’d sat in the Mattioni Woods a couple of times and always thought the most noise came out of the crumbie so went over there for a game, turns out whilst the volume certainly comes from that stand, I certainly didn’t like the content.

The team didn’t play well but the vitriol was uncalled for.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

They're very unlucky, being the victims of appalling abuse from elderly people behind them on two separate occasions. I've never experienced anything like that in my years of visiting Welford Road.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

My son and I have sat at the back of the Crumbie on the halfway line for some years now. Loud - of course. 'Constructively critical' - certainly. Foul or abusive - never that I've heard.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

I’ve always been in the Crumbie and I love it. When we were offered the chance to move to the new stand, I thought about it but then I thought Hmm, faces south, sun in your face in the early and late season, unless you sit well back.

Crumbie for me every time. And think of the history - the stand is 100 years old in October this year
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

CJ wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 pm I’ve always been in the Crumbie and I love it. When we were offered the chance to move to the new stand, I thought about it but then I thought Hmm, faces south, sun in your face in the early and late season, unless you sit well back.

Crumbie for me every time. And think of the history - the stand is 100 years old in October this year
I didn't realise it was that new!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

CJ wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:01 pm I’ve always been in the Crumbie and I love it. When we were offered the chance to move to the new stand, I thought about it but then I thought Hmm, faces south, sun in your face in the early and late season, unless you sit well back.

Absolutely vital point and why I love looking at it from the H and B stand. When I want to look at a lovely painting I stand in front of it; I cant see it if I am in the painting! 😀
As Good As It Gets
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Exactly, there is a very high IQ level in Block Q and the friendly atmosphere and banter cannot be missed.
We even have fellow season ticket members bringing in mince pies and seasonal goodies.
Cannot wait for the restart, hoping that none of our crowd will be covid missing. :smt023 :smt027
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Is it a coincidence that the cut off date for existing season ticket holders refund options was last Friday and the news today that Tigers may lose a number of our top players unless they sign new contracts on reduced terms on 1st July ??
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Most likely not coincidence.
Although I think it's more to see how much money they have kept from season tickets rather than wait till season tickets are handled then let the players all go.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

I'll chip in another recommendation for the Crumbie, if your legs are still under you the terrace is unbeatable even in the rain the wind and the snow (though you have to get in early to get absolute choice and leave someone out in the cold to keep the territory).

The stand behind is cosy to say the least but that adds to the charm so long as you're not too precious about personal space.

Both have a good level of banter and although there are always going to be those who push it a little in my experience it's pretty much always been self policed but when the high vis mob have been brought into it that's been the end of it.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere