Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD

Post by BFG »

Tiglon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:26 pm
BFG wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:46 pm
Tiglon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Ok, I'm going to bite...

a) You end a sentence asserting that other people need to calm down by using not 1 but 3 exclamation marks!!!
b) You agree that the topic of Olowofela is no longer interesting and not relevant to the thread - then you continue discussing the topic of Olowofela.
c) Olowofela is 22 already.
d) No one is suggesting he should be discarded because he isn't the finished article. But after nearly 40 first team appearances, the fact that he still can't tackle is a bit of a problem and needs working on pretty sharpish if he's going to be as good as we all hope he will be.
e) I can just imagine the coaches meeting and discussing player performances:
Mike Ford: "Olowofela's tackle statistics have been..."
Steve Brothwick: "Hold on there Fordy! The team hasn't been settled so let's not waste our time looking at statistics! Anyone got a coin we can toss to decide if we think Jordan's been playing well or not?"

Personally, I look forward to seeing Olowofela get more game time when rugby resumes and, either improving his tackling, beating more defenders and scoring a lot more tries, or settling into the role of a useful backup player.
Just a thought but maybe your imagination is getting a bit carried away with expectation, maybe!
Wingers stats can often look not so good, it's a fact that teams attack the edges more often.
Given the unsettled nature of the last few seasons I'd suggest being a bit more patient and giving everyone a chance to grow.
It's a team game, Nathan Earle looked superb with Sarries and hasn't looked as good with Quins.
Nope, I just have higher standards than you. You might be happy with Tigers being 11th every season, but I'd rather they were in the top 4.

And no, it isn't a fact that teams attack the edges more often. You just made that up.

Finally, how many times do I have to say "I hope Olowofela gets more opportunities to progress and more game time" before people stop accusing me of not wanting to give him a chance or wanting to discard him? You're arguing with things I haven't even written.
There is nowhere to hide amongst the outside backs and especially in an unsettled team.
It's not about a lowering of my standards, it's just being reasonable towards the entire situation.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

So we've got the wizard coming. Still hoping to see Lewington and Alemanno in the 'Incoming' column and preferably a back rower.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

POSTIGER wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:50 pm So we've got the wizard coming. Still hoping to see Lewington and Alemanno in the 'Incoming' column and preferably a back rower.
Lets hope we see him Slytherin through the opposition.
I'm not cynical just experienced
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Gliding over the mudblood.