Ackerman leaving Gloucester?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ackerman leaving Gloucester?

Post by ABClub »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am Players revolt.

Not good for Gloucester their season was on par with ours.
If Ackermann Jnr is unhappy about that then he'd fit the bill for Tigers replacing Kalamafoni. Covers the whole back row, very good player but available year round and won't be overly expensive.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Did pretty well until this season, but didn't exactly prove himself to be the world class coach that some claimed him to be.

The comments by Moriarty when he was on his way out probably give a good insight into the way Ackerman treats people and perhaps why he ended up in this situation.

Did anyone really expect more from a proven drug cheat?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

ABClub wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:22 pm
RagingBull wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:33 am Players revolt.

Not good for Gloucester their season was on par with ours.
If Ackermann Jnr is unhappy about that then he'd fit the bill for Tigers replacing Kalamafoni. Covers the whole back row, very good player but available year round and won't be overly expensive.
Likely to follow his old man
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

For me Gloucester have struggled because of over-reliance on Cipriani and I also don't think they had an adaptive enough game-plan.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rob Howley as a replacement? Give me a break.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm For me Gloucester have struggled because of over-reliance on Cipriani and I also don't think they had an adaptive enough game-plan.
Bit like Tigers in that they only play well in 10-20 minute patches and cannot sustain the intensity. Also like Tigers only have plan A and if that fails have no plan B :smt001
A2O
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:20 pm For me Gloucester have struggled because of over-reliance on Cipriani and I also don't think they had an adaptive enough game-plan.
If Tigers or Saracens we’re chasing a game then there is no way Ford or Farrell would be replaced. Used to happen with Cipriani all too frequently when Gloucester were chasing a game
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Looking at shedweb and seeing all these names being mentioned and the reality is very few would most likely join them reminds me how nice it is to at least have a stable coaching structure already in place for next season.
Granted no idea if it will work, but at least 1 less thing to bicker about.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

RagingBull wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm Looking at shedweb and seeing all these names being mentioned and the reality is very few would most likely join them reminds me how nice it is to at least have a stable coaching structure already in place for next season.
Granted no idea if it will work, but at least 1 less thing to bicker about.
Agree that our coaching set-up now appears to have much more quality and hopefully if we can come up with a decent game plan whilst being adaptable on the pitch we should be aiming for top six next season(injuries permitting). :smt003
A2O
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm Rob Howley as a replacement? Give me a break.
Are you a betting man?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

:smt003
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm Didn't win anything, if it was a Tigers coach then some would have called his initial improvement impact a 'dead cat bounce' or some such, Glaws then reverted to type and dropped down the table, Ackermann then turned tail and left at the first sign of another offer.

Not much loyalty, irrespective of how good he is viewed to be. Maybe by sheer luck or good judgement - based on whether we realistically considered him - our board got that one right? Will never know and it's easy to say these things with hindsight.

At least we ejected MO'C, he wanted to stay :smt002

Seems we may have had a lucky escape overall.
To be fair he had two good seasons before this one. They finished 9th before he joined and then 7th without a proper pre season due to his Lions commitments and then 3rd last season. Wheels seem to have come off this season and they are back down in 9th but only a win behind Bath in 6th.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:49 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:07 pm Didn't win anything, if it was a Tigers coach then some would have called his initial improvement impact a 'dead cat bounce' or some such, Glaws then reverted to type and dropped down the table, Ackermann then turned tail and left at the first sign of another offer.

Not much loyalty, irrespective of how good he is viewed to be. Maybe by sheer luck or good judgement - based on whether we realistically considered him - our board got that one right? Will never know and it's easy to say these things with hindsight.

At least we ejected MO'C, he wanted to stay :smt002

Seems we may have had a lucky escape overall.
To be fair he had two good seasons before this one. They finished 9th before he joined and then 7th without a proper pre season due to his Lions commitments and then 3rd last season. Wheels seem to have come off this season and they are back down in 9th but only a win behind Bath in 6th.
Ah Sam you got me, I have to admit to a certain amount of angling in my post.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Apparently an in house appointment with Rory Teague stepping up.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Mark62 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:13 am Already mentioned on the non Tigers thread.
People seem to be giving it as much credence as the Itoje to Tigers rumour, but I for one wouldn’t be surprised.
Does that mean we are getting Itoje then? :smt003