Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Matt Scott

Post by Crofty »

TomWeston wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 7:32 am
biffer wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:26 pm ...
General rumour in Edinburgh is that they couldn't compete with the money Leicester offered.
The Sunday Times has an article on Scott; seems he accepted an offer to stay but Cockers couldn’t balance the books and recommended him to Geordie.

“We have a budget to stick to,” said Cockerill. “Matt wanted to stay and I wanted him to stay. But, with all the other signings and all the other bits and pieces in terms of the balance of the squad, it just wasn’t possible.“

Cockers seems to have done us a favour.
If so it's far more than we deserve from him after the way the club treated him in the end...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Crofty wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:42 am ...If so it's far more than we deserve from him after the way the club treated him in the end...
Couldn’t agree more, but the same article does note Cockers’ latest signings, including Ben Muncaster.

Pretty fair judge of rugby players, that Cockers.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Before this descends into yet another Cockers debate, if this report is true, and he and Geordan are on good terms, then it's no bad thing is it?
It also illustrates that Tigers are not the only club having to make difficult calls with good players when it comes to balancing the budget.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

MurphysLaw wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:58 pm Before this descends into yet another Cockers debate, if this report is true, and he and Geordan are on good terms, then it's no bad thing is it?
It also illustrates that Tigers are not the only club having to make difficult calls with good players when it comes to balancing the budget.
Totally agree and Cockers is obviously not that down on the Tigers that he wasn’t happy to point Scott in our direction where he might flourish
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

You could even suggest that we did RC a favour by (correctly in my opinion) sacking him.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:27 pm You could even suggest that we did RC a favour by (correctly in my opinion) sacking him.
<fishing smilie>
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

TomWeston wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:37 pm
Crofty wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:42 am ...If so it's far more than we deserve from him after the way the club treated him in the end...
Couldn’t agree more, but the same article does note Cockers’ latest signings, including Ben Muncaster.

Pretty fair judge of rugby players, that Cockers.
Yep, I reckon Cockers has got a good young player in return - I assume that GM wasn't going to stand in the way of Muncaster moving north in a back scratching kind of way. If he works out as well as the last back row we lifted out of your academy, I'll be very happy.