Adam Thompstone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Adam Thompstone

Post by Ian Cant »

Great player who always gave everything and was under rated by quite a few fans and pundits. Defence always seemed weaker when he didn’t play.
Thanks Adam: it was a privilege to watch you play.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Adam Thompstone

Post by sam16111986 »

Great winger but injury has dogged his career. Even before he'd joined us he'd had knee issues. A player we've really missed in recent times. He's just had too many injuries.

As you say defence has always been great and there was a time he scored quite a few tries for us. Hopefully he goes well in his next move.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Always gave 100%. Good luck for whatever you do going forward :smt023
A2O
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I'll echo everything from above, similar to Johnne Murphy and Niall Morris in that they weren't the flashiest but they worked hard and finished tries well
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I don't think he was underrated TBH.
He was in everyone's starting lineup right up until his got injured and it became noticeable he lost some pace.

Honestly the best compliment I could give him is that I would love for us to try and find another one of him.
He was everything I would want in a club winger excellent defence, fast and consistent, he's the type of player that allows the other back 3's to try something.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

RagingBull wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm I don't think he was underrated TBH.
He was in everyone's starting lineup right up until his got injured and it became noticeable he lost some pace.

Honestly the best compliment I could give him is that I would love for us to try and find another one of him.
He was everything I would want in a club winger excellent defence, fast and consistent, he's the type of player that allows the other back 3's to try something.
:smt023 Spot on RB
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Another who deserves a send off at Welford Road.Set a fantastic example from day one.Great heart and matching ability.
Wish him all the best.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:50 pm I don't think he was underrated TBH.

Would agree totally. A little like Josh Bassett at Wasps, when at his best could be devastating, but just lacked that bit of X factor to make the step up to Test rugby
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Am I right in thinking he wasn’t too far of Eddie’s radar in his best season, or is that just me putting two and two together?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Ian Cant wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:13 pm Great player who always gave everything and was under rated by quite a few fans and pundits. Defence always seemed weaker when he didn’t play.
Thanks Adam: it was a privilege to watch you play.
I echo all of the above
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

One of my favourite players of recent years.

Reliable never seems the greatest of compliments but it's golden.

And like any top winger he knew how to finish and he knew how to tackle.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Also seems to have very good discipline can never remember him arguing with opposition or referee :smt003
A2O
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

A quality winger with no obvious weakness in any are of his game.

The injuries seem to have taken their toll on his pace of late which is why he he struggled to make the starting line up.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

I remember when Adam was announced as coming to us, there were a fair few comments on this forum along similar lines to Gary Lineker's reaction to Claudio Ranieri. I felt that he had been a pain in the neck whenever he played against us and various times when I had seen him on the box. Not quite star billing, but rarely let you down in attack or defence. Very sorry to see him go.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Excellent player who will be missed!