according to Sarries own site he has left but it does not confirm Japan
Hehehehehehehehe
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by Scott1 »

Thanks trendy!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I have a sneaking feeling about Kruis rocking up at Welford Road. No grounding to it. Just a solid start to Borthwick’s tenure adding exactly the type of lock we need.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:24 am Quins after PSDT,other clubs too. Be out of our price range at present I expect
who? not everyone knows all players just by their initials you know
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm I have a sneaking feeling about Kruis rocking up at Welford Road. No grounding to it. Just a solid start to Borthwick’s tenure adding exactly the type of lock we need.
given the send off he got at the last England game at Twickenham it must be outside of England
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Agree, why can’t posters write proper names not initials, lazy posting.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Pierre Steph Do Toit. SA lock/flanker. The lad who still has nightmares about BY!
SA=South Africa
BY=Ben Youngs
😜
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm I have a sneaking feeling about Kruis rocking up at Welford Road. No grounding to it. Just a solid start to Borthwick’s tenure adding exactly the type of lock we need.
I've thought similar but with the same lack of grounding. Personal and professional relationship with Borthwick. Exactly the lock we need. Keeps him in the England frame - £25k a game as well. Gives him a shot at another Lions tour - he's very much a Gatland stye forward. A few things there fit for sure.

In terms of pinching staff from Sarries I keep thinking Joe Shaw would fit our coaching team well. He's skills and attach coach at Sarries but is working behind Kevin Sorrell who runs their backs. Shaw has a very good reputation though and has been coaching long enough that he may want a more senior role. Again that's just thinking out loud as with Kruis though, no grounding to it.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Kruis is now 30, in my mind he was younger similar to Itoje.

Like the previous posts no grounding for these statements, but another year would put him line for the Lions, imo playing in Japan would take him out of contention, and money wise he won’t be on absolute top dollar.
Would be a great signing, and who knows him staying around may stop Garland picking AWJ, that’s Alun Wyn Jones, for those who don’t do initials
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Have nothing against either , but it would , I believe take an act of God to stop Gatland picking Alun Wyn ; and if form justifies it - fair play.
Would agree though, Kruis would be be an absolutely superb signing - massive engine ,great ability.The Japan rumors are strong though.Who knows , maybe Alemanno will still come to pass - we do still have connections in Argentina.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 am As a question on the second row situation, with the limitations on fielding overseas players (non Kolpak), with Mamukashvili and Lavanini in the team, would that impact us in signing (and then fielding) Alemanno or Mikautadze, as two quality second rows available. If so, are we going to have to look at potentially a homegrown option, or South African or Pacific Islander? Or at least someone with an eligible passport. Would this affect Gigena also??
The rules are two foreign players on the pitch at any one time. There are a lot of different exceptions though. Polota-Nau has Tongan heritage and Taufau has Samoan heritage for example. James Horwill held a British passport. Once Marcos Ayerza got married (his wife is an EU citizen) he also sat outside the foreign player ruling. So it all depends on circumstances such as that.

If Mamukashvili, Lavanini and Alemanno were all classed as foreign players I'd have reservations about the Alemanno signing has then our starting hooker and lock pairing couldn't be on the field at the same time.

Mikautadze arguably wouldn't be the same issue as neither he nor Lavanini are lineout leaders or strong jumpers. So we'd be unlikely to pick both together. Mikautadze would be a fantastic signing to rotate with Lavanini but I have a feeling he will sign with another Top 14 club. Even with the reduction in overseas players his game fits that league very well.

Either way I really hope Gigena re-signs. Our scrum has returned to being a weapon under Boris and depth on both sides is vital to that. He's developed into a very accomplished scrummager. Particularly when paired with Cole on the tighthead. That is two very technically strong set-piece props.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AWJ as Lions captain 🤮
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Scott1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:37 pm AWJ as Lions captain 🤮
Better option than Farrell.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:46 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:37 pm AWJ as Lions captain 🤮
Better option than Farrell.
But not a better option than Itoje
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AWJ shouldnt even be travelling imo,arguably the sports most overrated player ever