Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Still stuck in the mud! - Development updates

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the groundsman might want to ask Leicester City if he can borrow their heat lamps to sort the playing surface out by getting enough light on the grass for it to grow and strengthen in place
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

West Stand Completion?? I noticed on Saturday that the area north of the large screen that was originally for "Safety Control" is now a "Hospitality High Class Bistro" with sliding windows - now that is a target for the kickers. :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

wormus wrote:West Stand Completion?? I noticed on Saturday that the area north of the large screen that was originally for "Safety Control" is now a "Hospitality High Class Bistro" with sliding windows - now that is a target for the kickers. :smt023
Indeed I noticed that on Saturday, looked very nice indeed in the lovely sunshine. My guess is that it is the Directors Suite?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

It did look as if harry ellis was in there
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Still no sign of the facia board on the front edge of the canopy so I can only guess that it has been dropped for the time being on the grounds of reducing costs. Other than that and some fitting out the job seems to indeed be finished. What we now need are some cameras at the south end of the roof or the back of the Crumbie pointing at the site for the new multi-storey car park to keep us amused over the summer :smt002
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cannot help thinking it would be very nice of the club could put up a web cam on the new building work. That way we can see some action. :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

How timetables change! Four years later and we have yet to start on the car park and the hotel is only just underway.

A camera would be useful in these times of lock down and a distraction from more serious matters. Perhaps someone who is still allowed to drive passes the site and can tell us if it is still working or has shut down for the duration?

Keep safe :smt027
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The carpark is being used by NHS staff free of charge, and I thought it was generally known that construction sites were not operating.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm The carpark is being used by NHS staff free of charge, and I thought it was generally known that construction sites were not operating.
I think it’s the car park behind the crumbie that’s free to the NHS, and I’ve seen some construction sites operating but on a very limited scale
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:14 pm The carpark is being used by NHS staff free of charge, and I thought it was generally known that construction sites were not operating.
I think it’s the car park behind the crumbie that’s free to the NHS, and I’ve seen some construction sites operating but on a very limited scale
Yes I believe it is that Car Park, but is that not also the site for the future Multi Storey car park? If so then no wonder there's no movement on construction and for me there is absolutely no issue with any delay if it means NHS staff can have one less concern taken away from them, no matter how long it takes.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Some construction sites are still running. It depends on how 'critical' they are and the measures they have in place to reduce harm and minimize social contact. This is in accordance with Government advice, albeit differing from the Scottish government advice. :smt017 :smt017 :smt017
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm
Yes I believe it is that Car Park, but is that not also the site for the future Multi Storey car park? If so then no wonder there's no movement on construction and for me there is absolutely no issue with any delay if it means NHS staff can have one less concern taken away from them, no matter how long it takes.
My apologies if that’s correct. I thought it was all being done on the old granby halls site
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm
WhitecapTiger wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:58 pm
Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:55 pm I think it’s the car park behind the crumbie that’s free to the NHS, and I’ve seen some construction sites operating but on a very limited scale
My apologies if that’s correct. I thought it was all being done on the old granby halls site
No apologies needed mate, I could be wrong :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
philw
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by philw »

As far as I’m aware, the old Granby Halls site is where the hotel and fanzone will be and work has started albeit on a small scale.
The crumbie car park was due to be shut for the new multi storey car park to be built, but the club has kept it open to offer free parking for hospital staff.
Listening to the pouring rain
Waiting for the world to change
Beginning to wonder if we'll wait in vain
For one fine day
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

philw wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:19 pm As far as I’m aware, the old Granby Halls site is where the hotel and fanzone will be and work has started albeit on a small scale.
The crumbie car park was due to be shut for the new multi storey car park to be built, but the club has kept it open to offer free parking for hospital staff.
Thanks Phil. I must admit I did wonder how they were going to fit everything on the Granby Halls site.
Doesn’t long to throw up a multi story car park especially if it’s like the metal structure at the LRI