New Hotel & Car Park Construction

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

New Hotel & Car Park Construction

Post by sapajo »

If memory serves me right work is scheduled to commence on 23rd March. Given the current Covid 19 pandemic I wonder will work start on time or be postponed ?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Re: New Hotel & Car Park Construction

Post by Noggs »

I can't see construction companies stopping work yet and the project will clearly be scheduled. There's a hell of a lot of work that can't be done from home and which will continue for now.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I imagine that a good proportion of the people working on the site would be self employed so are probably very keen for the project to continue. Sitting at home for four weeks when you're self employed isn't going to leave the bank balance looking healthy and get the bills paid.
happywomble

Post by happywomble »

Still supposedly starting next week - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... ek-3962716
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Confirmed by the club.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Is anyone aware as to whether they broke ground on Monday? At the moment they are saying that construction can carry on.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Noggs wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:48 pm Is anyone aware as to whether they broke ground on Monday? At the moment they are saying that construction can carry on.
I work at the LRI, and just stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. I can confirm that fences are up, there are surveyors at work, and ground is being broken.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

loretta wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 am
Noggs wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:48 pm Is anyone aware as to whether they broke ground on Monday? At the moment they are saying that construction can carry on.
I work at the LRI, and just stepped outside for a breath of fresh air. I can confirm that fences are up, there are surveyors at work, and ground is being broken.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Unless the government has a change of mind there shouldn't be a problem in keeping distances when doing the layout for the excavations and pouring the foundations. They may also be able to erect the steel frame but that won't commence for a couple of months yet and not doubt by then the whole CV issue will have changed markedly and perhaps not for the better. :smt009