LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2019/20 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 3

Post by Ian Cant »

Like Crane, Kalamafoni will be sorely missed as he always gives everything and more importantly has been an ever present.
To be honest I’m fed up of us signing players who aren’t fit at the time of signing. Ok, players could still pick up injuries after signing but let’s hope Brink is another Tuilagi!!!!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Looks more and more like Guy Thompson isn’t staying next season. I’d imagine Brink would be more his replacement than the rumoured big 8.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 pm Looks more and more like Guy Thompson isn’t staying next season. I’d imagine Brink would be more his replacement than the rumoured big 8.
I'd guess due to retirement through injury?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:18 pm My main concerns with Brink are injury record & if he blocks some of the youngsters coming through.
I don’t think, at the moment, any 6 or 8s will block the youngsters. If anything they are needed to help push (or pull) the current crop on; I think our young back row options, Reffell excepted, are a season or two away from being realistic Premiership options.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Personally ,I'd make every attempt to keep Kalamafoni - in terms of consistently and effort he's been outstanding.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

If Brink has as rumoured something like the forward going grunt, ferocity and work rate that Tafua has, then it's a no brainer, welcome aboard! As good as they are - Thompson has peaked, Kalamafoni makes no yards, Coghlan just doesn't feature, but I think Boladau could be a decent prospect.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:51 am Personally ,I'd make every attempt to keep Kalamafoni - in terms of consistently and effort he's been outstanding.
He's already a done deal as leaving, I thought he may retire but apparently he's going to Scarlets
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Pleased by the signing of Brink, but saddened if it means Kalamafoni leaving, he has been and still is brilliant for us although obviously at the tail end of his career. I don't agree that Boladau is a decent prospect for us, he has helped us out this year but is too old to be considered a prospect.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:04 am Pleased by the signing of Brink, but saddened if it means Kalamafoni leaving, he has been and still is brilliant for us although obviously at the tail end of his career. I don't agree that Boladau is a decent prospect for us, he has helped us out this year but is too old to be considered a prospect.
would go with this....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

kk20gb30 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:55 am
johnthegriff wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:04 am Pleased by the signing of Brink, but saddened if it means Kalamafoni leaving, he has been and still is brilliant for us although obviously at the tail end of his career. I don't agree that Boladau is a decent prospect for us, he has helped us out this year but is too old to be considered a prospect.
would go with this....
Agreed - a real unsung hero over the last couple of years. 32 in May so he's probably got one half decent contract left in him.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Jack Singleton signed on loan to Gloucester for next season the lucky devils!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Despite the recent slump, I hope Kalamafoni’s service, effort, workrate will not be forgotten and has been one of our best signings in the past five years. He has been nothing short of excellent.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

JP14 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:29 pm Despite the recent slump, I hope Kalamafoni’s service, effort, workrate will not be forgotten and has been one of our best signings in the past five years. He has been nothing short of excellent.
For one season at least, he was pretty much our only ball carrier
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

DingDong wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 pm Jack Singleton signed on loan to Gloucester for next season the lucky devils!
If it means just keeping him warm for when Sarries want/can afford to have him back, they can have him.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

loretta wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:47 pm
DingDong wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:06 pm Jack Singleton signed on loan to Gloucester for next season the lucky devils!
If it means just keeping him warm for when Sarries want/can afford to have him back, they can have him.
You either want to join us or you don't, let's be honest he has be the 3rd choice at Sarries as well.
To win is not as important as playing with style!