Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by TigerS2 »

Don't know whether to laugh, or cry. :smt017
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

I have never been a pessimist, just a realist.
But Murphy ,the Coaches, and the lack of effort from some, reduce you to outright fury. Never have I seen such a shambles. I predicted a 30 point loss, and they havent disappointed.
PS Has Eastmond ever made a blinking tackle ????
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Knew it would be a long night to be perfectly honest, scrum was a mess but not sure whether that was down to interpretation or Sale genuinely giving us a real shove.

Ian Tempest wouldn’t give an offside if the TMO told him to.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

Sale away is never an easy fixture for Tigers. However, I was at least hoping for a losing bonus point.
It may be just the TV camera angle but I thought a couple of Sale tries came from forward passes. But given they weren't pinged I suspect it must be the camera angle.
Not sure the ref has had a good game though.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

WirralExile wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:32 pm Sale away is never an easy fixture for Tigers. However, I was at least hoping for a losing bonus point.
It may be just the TV camera angle but I thought a couple of Sale tries came from forward passes. But given they weren't pinged I suspect it must be the camera angle.
Not sure the ref has had a good game though.
I believe he is from your neck of the woods
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sadly the don't lie: Tigers no visits to the Sale 22 in the second half.
Move on. Beat Worcester.
BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by BigDan50 »

Why do some posters on here always criticise the ref, we are being beaten by a better coached side and better players, the reason for our defeat is nothing to do by the ref.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

What does it matter? We'll all be here next year, typing away. Hoping against hope there will be one team worse than us so we can genuinely avoid relegation rather than have salvation gifted by a bunch of talented cheats.

The game I knew has gone. It's so sad that professionalism has brought us to this.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Very poor, move on.
Sale very good wouldn’t bet against an Exeter v Sale final in June
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yet again, thank goodness for Saracens...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:35 pm What does it matter? We'll all be here next year, typing away. Hoping against hope there will be one team worse than us so we can genuinely avoid relegation rather than have salvation gifted by a bunch of talented cheats.

The game I knew has gone. It's so sad that professionalism has brought us to this.
It was always going to the way Dai, I and many like me made the prediction in 1996 that the game would become a mess once it went professional.
Too much player power to many pipers who have to be paid
manxleigh

Post by manxleigh »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm Why do some posters on here always criticise the ref, we are being beaten by a better coached side and better players, the reason for our defeat is nothing to do by the ref.
Beaten fairly and squarely by a much better drilled, expansive, disciplined and interested team. How long can this go on for? Rob Webber is being very kind to our defence. Is Jurgen Klopp interested?
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Only one team wanted to play and win, it was not Tigers. Pitiful performance.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

BigDan50 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm Why do some posters on here always criticise the ref, we are being beaten by a better coached side and better players, the reason for our defeat is nothing to do by the ref.
What are people supposed to do when he glaringly misses things applaud him
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Crofty wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:26 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 pm
Crofty wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 pm

What do you define as a basic skill? The dropped balls, missed tackles and turnovers look to me to be the outcome of players trying too hard to force some piece of individual brilliance to make up for dull systems that aren't doing the job. Of course maybe the skills would be improved if we had a skills coach...
We've made more turnovers than they have.

The midfield has been a shambles ever since Taute went off. Neither Reid nor McPhillips have offered any leadership and left out young 9 isolated for most of the game.

Pack has been pretty good outside of Bateman and Cole who have had oddly off colour games.
We can make all the turnovers we want, they've scored 36 unanswered points, we haven't looked like scoring since the first quarter and the only reason we'll be playing premiership rugby next season is because Sarries are a big bunch of cheats. These are things that will take more than positive thoughts to fix.
To be fair I expected the two Irish lads to understand these conditions better, particularly McPhillips who's used to playing in Belfast. They were both useless. The midfield was a complete shambles after Taute went off, it's probably where we lost the game as that's where they then made all the ground.

I'm unsure what the point of having an attack coach is when we have seem to have absolutely no attacking structure whatsoever.

I'm unsure why we took Reffell off, he played well and saved our bacon on a couple of occasions.