Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

manxleigh

Re: Sale vs Leicester - 21st February 2020

Post by manxleigh »

Do we have any backs moves we can execute other than through 3/4 sets of hands then kick it away or get turned over? Loops, wrap arounds - anyone remember them?
keep dreaming and you'll keep wondering
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Disappointed in the scoreline. Can’t really think of much more to say... :smt009
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:14 pm
Crofty wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:13 pm
Mark62 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Agreed but injuries to Kalamafoni Taufua, Young’s stupidity have hardly helped
Are those the players whose door at which we should be laying the blame?
No but players unable to perform basic skills that they were taught as juniors need to look at their own performance
What do you define as a basic skill? The dropped balls, missed tackles and turnovers look to me to be the outcome of players trying too hard to force some piece of individual brilliance to make up for dull systems that aren't doing the job. Of course maybe the skills would be improved if we had a skills coach...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

The lads are trying their best but Sale away isn’t a place we play well at. Only when we had an almost full strength team out two seasons ago did we put Sale to the sword which for me took away the pain of mostly seeing Tigers lose in Stockport or The AJ Bell.
The Worcester game is the priority and then try to do something at Sarries.
Wasps thrashing Sarries so that probably means Sarries will make sure they don’t lose any games at home.
Back to this game: there has been a better spirit than last year but sadly it looks like another heavy defeat. And Yarde scores. Blast.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

manxleigh wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 pm Do we have any backs moves we can execute other than through 3/4 sets of hands then kick it away or get turned over? Loops, wrap arounds - anyone remember them?
Super Rugby of a Saturday morning, it's like a whole different sport. Even the improvised Sunwolves squad can really chuck it about.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Absolutely pathetic all the recent good work completely undone
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

The only silver lining; sets the baseline nice and low for Borthwick so he'll get a realistic amount of time and influence to turn this ship around...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Crofty wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:18 pm

No but players unable to perform basic skills that they were taught as juniors need to look at their own performance
What do you define as a basic skill? The dropped balls, missed tackles and turnovers look to me to be the outcome of players trying too hard to force some piece of individual brilliance to make up for dull systems that aren't doing the job. Of course maybe the skills would be improved if we had a skills coach...
We've made more turnovers than they have.

The midfield has been a shambles ever since Taute went off. Neither Reid nor McPhillips have offered any leadership and left out young 9 isolated for most of the game.

Pack has been pretty good outside of Bateman and Cole who have had oddly off colour games.
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

We might consider copying Sarries and concentrate entirely on Europe, might get a few good games that way. Ah well, roll on Sunday, hopefully the better half of our squad can do better.
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Abysmal.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Can't watch any more, turned it off. :smt010
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

Pathetic and embarrassing, anyone who makes any positives out of this game need their heads examining. Thank you Sarries (not) for saving Murphy neck!
Last edited by DingDong on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:23 pm

We've made more turnovers than they have.

The midfield has been a shambles ever since Taute went off. Neither Reid nor McPhillips have offered any leadership and left out young 9 isolated for most of the game.

Pack has been pretty good outside of Bateman and Cole who have had oddly off colour games.
We can make all the turnovers we want, they've scored 36 unanswered points, we haven't looked like scoring since the first quarter and the only reason we'll be playing premiership rugby next season is because Sarries are a big bunch of cheats. These are things that will take more than positive thoughts to fix.
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Not sure if I've ever seen Leicester play as badly.

Murphy should be eternally grateful to Nigel Wray because otherwise this season would be a complete and utter disaster.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

I really don’t think I need to define basic skills especially when I’ve put taught as juniors.

I’m leaving it there the majority of well informed pundits on here won’t be happy until Borthwick arrives and waves his magic wand although no doubt if that goes wrong it will be Murphy fault.
Absolute classic from the gentleman who feels that all the shoots of recovery have been lost on a wet windy night in Salford against the second placed team in the league