Tigers vs Wasps - 15th Feb

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Wasps - 15th Feb

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:36 pm Am I the only one who finds Lawrence irrtating
no having him and an ex Saint on comms is highly annoying

incidentally someone needs to smash Thomas Young, he's nailing Hardwick every 5 mins
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

I retract my previous statement, both teams floundering a bit now. I can see us pinching it 9-6.
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

Our usual brilliant lineout continues!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

poor Hardwick is having a bit of a mare
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ashleytiger wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:42 pm Our usual brilliant lineout continues!
we must be telegraphing where we are going
ashleytiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ashleytiger »

ashleytiger wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:42 pm Our usual brilliant lineout continues!
But the scrum is performing now
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

not to take the points is poor captaincy
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Clearly the worse two teams in the league!! Tigers are woeful in all areas, the only positive is Taufaus head down carries, the new car park will be half empty at this rate, awful people are having to pay for that dross!!
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

The extra structure and game management that Jimmy Gopperth gives Wasps is making the difference between two poor teams at the moment.

Hopefully Reid can add similar for Tigers when he comes on.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Youngs has to take the blame for these lineout losses. I know sometimes it’s an issue of timing when the ball sails on over, but these are underthrown, they are not reaching the man, being picked off ahead of the target, and often lower down.
We look so errorstrewn. And there’s still a lack of structure to my eye, it’s all very reactive and quite slow. Lacks any dynamism. Coaching is dire.
I refuse to accept its having our internationals away, because other teams seem to cope ok.

On the plus side there is still another 40 minutes to try and turn things round.
Last edited by FrontRowUnionMember on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Looks to me they've worked out Tigers line out, which wouldn't be hard as it's so poor. Forwards holding their own otherwise but mid field play very poor as usual, The table doesn't lie and Tigers are bottom by 5 points for a reason (ignoring Saffas). Can't see it improving until Murphs is shown the door.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Irrespective of the excuses around conditions, 6 nations, injuries - the first half was embarrassing for a professional rugby team. Simply awful. Surely the second half can’t be worse - or can it.....?
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:35 pm Ben White having a really good game I feel
Really?

Completely telegraphed kicks for the opposition to be organised for where he hasn’t got his own team chasing?

There is zero speed at the breakdown even when the forwards turn up.

We need to keep it in hand in the second half and play the phases - not a SINGLE back line attack in the first 40.

It’s only Wasps lack of accuracy in hand that sees the half time score this close.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Lineout a shocker once again, Hardwick been poor. White, Taufua and Liebenberg been good and scrum has been solid. Otherwise it’s been pretty average so far. I’m glad Sarries are being relegated that’s for sure! Especially as Irish are 17-3 up at Quins.

Let’s hope we can turn it around second half but their half backs have certainly been dictating the game so far
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by speedski »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 pm not to take the points is poor captaincy
Absolutely agree with this 200%. Yet murphs on the radio pregame was lamenting how we have to take the threes as in these conditions it’s almost as important as tries.

Hardwick has had a shocker - hopefully he comes out and rights the wrongs