Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Ellis Genge Appreciation Thread

Post by Darc Tiger »

Legend.

I can't tell you how happy I am he's staying a Tiger.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Ellis Genge Appreciation Thread

Post by sam16111986 »

Best interview of the tournament so far. Eddie seemed to be enjoying it as well.

I hope Ellis never changes to much media training not enough characters these days.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:14 pm Legend.
Well done Ellis, the pearl clutchers, old farts and sausages have had too much sway in our sport for way too long. A breath of fresh air, I’m unbelievably happy that he’s staying at Welford Road!

Got the impression Ellis was a bit narked at something in the afters following his try. Maybe a Scot trying to wind him up? If I’m right, I’d like to congratulate him for holding it in.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

As an old fart I am disgusted! A bottle of girly lager? What is required is a pint of best bitter, hand pumped, of course, followed by another six or seven. (With the trophy safely locked away, Mr Richards)

......... And not served in those fragile plastic contrivancies either! The ones where you try to grip them, the thing collapses, and you end up with half a pint in your lap!
Last edited by Big Dai on Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

If Tigers had 7 more like him in their pack, we'd be at the other end of the table!! Nuff said.
Soggypitch
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

loretta wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am...

Got the impression Ellis was a bit narked at something in the afters following his try. Maybe a Scot trying to wind him up? If I’m right, I’d like to congratulate him for holding it in.
Watched the replay this morning. I don't think Ellis' face was scratched before his superb prop's try and a Jocky hand was around his eyes when he was on the ground after scoring. The ball was under his chest.

Apart from the try Ellis showed real intent, just as he did when he came on last week. I know the conditions were dire but Mako is never going to be a scrummaging prop and on a day like yesterday he was never going to be a dynamic, offloading ball carrier.

Ellis MUST start next outing.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Pretty disgusted by Genge yesterday to be truthful. Where was the "just focussing on the next game" or the "taking one game at a time" comment. Nothing about "taking out the positives", or "the boys all believe there is more to come", or even "the boys are looking to develop". Not a single cliche along the lines of "Fair play to Scotland their a great team".

I fear the citing officer will be having a word with Master Genge.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Traveller wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm Pretty disgusted by Genge yesterday to be truthful. Where was the "just focussing on the next game" or the "taking one game at a time" comment. Nothing about "taking out the positives", or "the boys all believe there is more to come", or even "the boys are looking to develop". Not a single cliche along the lines of "Fair play to Scotland their a great team".

Here here! There really is no place for this in the modern game. I thought players actually speaking their mind, honestly, without worrying about what the Media Officer would say on a Monday morning had been banished alongside letters on the back of your shirt.

Down with this sort of thing.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

bendy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:13 pm
Traveller wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm Pretty disgusted by Genge yesterday to be truthful. Where was the "just focussing on the next game" or the "taking one game at a time" comment. Nothing about "taking out the positives", or "the boys all believe there is more to come", or even "the boys are looking to develop". Not a single cliche along the lines of "Fair play to Scotland their a great team".

Here here! There really is no place for this in the modern game. I thought players actually speaking their mind, honestly, without worrying about what the Media Officer would say on a Monday morning had been banished alongside letters on the back of your shirt.

Down with this sort of thing.
I blame his teachers for not teaching him to say what they want to hear rather than some half baked idea of the truth. The government's announcement that they are putting more money than ever into the school system has simply arrived too late for Master Genge. This is quite simply another Boris's brexit cockup
Hehehehehehehehe
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

What a rarity in modern world. Some one not afraid to "Say it as it is", The PC brigade are having fits..........
And what, a sportsman having a celebratory pint. Shock horror. The ones complaining will be the ones getting bladdered from
Fri lunch time - Mon morning.
Well done Ellis a big up for the Tigers who have spared England's blushes over the last two 6N games. :smt023
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... ddie-jones

Bit more from Ellis. Given the brilliance of his post game interview the reporters were obviously keen for seconds.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Good player, good interview.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Love it! In whole hearted agreement!!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

I can't tell you how happy I am he's staying a Tiger.
A very hard working Legend
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

loretta wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am
Well done Ellis, the pearl clutchers, old farts and sausages have had too much sway in our sport for way too long. A breath of fresh air, I’m unbelievably happy that he’s staying at Welford Road!

I saw that, it seemed to happen after he scored, he was very upset and had to be pulled back
God created rugby so footballers have heros too