Bath vs. Tigers - Sat 25 Jan 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Bath vs. Tigers - Sat 25 Jan 15:00

Post by JP14 »

Good team reckon we could get a win, very unlucky not to get the win last year in my view but that team especially the pack can more than do a result over Bath.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm Good team reckon we could get a win, very unlucky not to get the win last year in my view but that team especially the pack can more than do a result over Bath.
Oi! Calm down. Don't go getting all enthusiastic on me. 😂😂

I retired yesterday and posh Richard bought me a special bottle of Remy to celebrate. All I need is an excuse to open it!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:05 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:39 pm Good team reckon we could get a win, very unlucky not to get the win last year in my view but that team especially the pack can more than do a result over Bath.

I retired yesterday and posh Richard bought me a special bottle of Remy to celebrate. All I need is an excuse to open it!
Congratulations on the retirement
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

+1 congrats on the retirement, I have reasons for enthusiasm as always.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

This is going to be a close game , there is still an awful lot of quality in the Bath side . Leicester not favorites on paper by any means in my eyes but we have shown enough in the past few weeks to very confident of achieving something positive at The Rec .
We have to put a marker down here for the 6 Nations period , above all else compete and show that those wearing our shirt actually want play for it.Simple stratergy , overpower them up front then let the backs do their jobs. Best of luck , and give it everything.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Hardwick and White have a great opportunity to step up and show what they can do here leading into a tricky 6 Nations period.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Welcome to the ol’ pheckers club, Dai! Bonne dégustation!
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:31 pm Leicester not favorites on paper by any means
Our scrum has been excellent this season and with the exception of Ellis and Liebenberg we are at full strength (starting pack full strength at least).

Bath on the other hand, who have been equally strong up front this season, are missing Stuart, Dunn, Ewels, Underhill, Mercer and Batty. There is some definite quality still there for sure and you’re right, I think it’ll be close but I reckon we’ve got a great chance of leaving with the points. Plus I think we’ve got much stronger impact in the pack off the bench with Bateman, TPN, Heyes, Boladau & Reffell.

They have the edge on us in the halfbacks and maybe at centre but I reckon we’re stronger on paper in most areas.

I’m feeling confident with this one and reckon Tigers by 5.

:smt023
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
lwade1986

Post by lwade1986 »

Anyone know whether the game is being streamed anywhere?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

http://www.rugbystream.live/
https://www.vipleague.lc/tag-bath-live

Dont think it is on bet365 this year

Any other suggestion welcome
Hehehehehehehehe
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:10 am http://www.rugbystream.live/

Vipbox is sometimes pretty good too!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I think it's streamed on BetUK, but only a small screen and you probably have to deposit a fiver of your hard earned cash to a scumbag betting company.

Incidentally, Bath are fairly strong favourites with the bookies despite the even looking teams. Probably because Tigers last won away from home in the league back in April last year and have only won one away game in the league (not counting Twickenham) since Murphy took over 18 months ago.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:12 am
Probably because Tigers last won away from home in the league back in April last year and have only won one away game in the league (not counting Twickenham) since Murphy took over 18 months ago.
Stats can sometimes be a bit misleading.. We have of course only played 5 away games since April last year!

The one away win is slightly more worrying but I’m hoping we are in a better place than last season and during the early parts of this season. We seem to have turned a corner but I guess time will tell.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
10mill
Tiger Cub

Post by 10mill »

VIP league wants my card details to ‘verify my identity’ have others registered? Is it legit?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

10mill wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:03 pm

VIP league wants my card details to ‘verify my identity’ have others registered? Is it legit?
Never had to do that before, be careful! Should be able to get it without any kind of registration. Be aware that in some browsers VIP league opens tabs that you need to close again to be able to actually view the video!