Saracens are relegated!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Saracens are relegated!

Post by daktari »

Telegraph reporting that the RFU are investing Saracens, bringing the game into disrepute....
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

daktari wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm Telegraph reporting that the RFU are investing Saracens, bringing the game into disrepute....
It just gets worse and worse.... wonder if the tax man will be next?!
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:36 pm
daktari wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm Telegraph reporting that the RFU are investing Saracens, bringing the game into disrepute....
It just gets worse and worse.... wonder if the tax man will be next?!
I can’t see HMRC not being interested...

daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

PRL have also issued a statement declaring no other club is over the cap and it is actually Saracens who are refusing to have the full ruling published... worse and worse and, well you get the picture

strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

As Saracens seem to be facing the possible charge of 'bringing the game into disrepute', they could do a lot worse than pull out of this season's Champions Cup.

Of course it would cost them financially but, other than their most die-hard fans, I can't imagine anyone seeing them as the embodiment of true 'rugby values' - which the European Champions should be.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

I'm done with the Saracens thing now. I'm. not desperate for more blood to be spilt.

I'm just a bit perplexed. If Saracens aren't worthy of a disrepute charge. It begs the question what would a club would have to do in order to be worthy of a disrepute charge? Fart in a committee meeting. Wear the wrong blazer/ tie to a committee lunch. Not send apologies for not attending the annual RFU committee members golf day.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Traveller wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:15 am I'm done with the Saracens thing now. I'm. not desperate for more blood to be spilt.

I'm just a bit perplexed. If Saracens aren't worthy of a disrepute charge. It begs the question what would a club would have to do in order to be worthy of a disrepute charge? Fart in a committee meeting. Wear the wrong blazer/ tie to a committee lunch. Not send apologies for not attending the annual RFU committee members golf day.
Bring the wrong biscuits...?

northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Use your mobile phone in a disciplinary hearing...........
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

The whole thing is a bit unsatisfactory, in my view.
They are still over the cap.
They are relegated irrespective of points gained.
I don't think they should be allowed to play this season any more. Chalk their results off and give teams an automatic four points. That would give fairness for all the rest of the teams
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

daktari wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:22 am
Traveller wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:15 am I'm done with the Saracens thing now. I'm. not desperate for more blood to be spilt.

Bring the wrong biscuits...?
Not wearing the club tie to the Vice Presidents dinner
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:08 pm The whole thing is a bit unsatisfactory, in my view.
I don't think they should be allowed to play this season any more. Chalk their results off and give teams an automatic four points. That would give fairness for all the rest of the teams
This happening would not surprise me. Take all the points off them that they have gained and then nil for the rest of their games. I would imagine that it will be quite difficult for them to motivate themselves in the Leauge, whereas in the Champions cup they can still win it.
Also, i guess that if the Internationals get injured they are scuppering a potential move or loan deal. Very difficult situtaion for them.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

northerntiger wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:08 pm I don't think they should be allowed to play this season any more. Chalk their results off and give teams an automatic four points. That would give fairness for all the rest of the teams
I totally agree - they will be influencing where other club's fortunes lie and which cup they qualify for - that,to me seems unfair - the only arguments against their results not counting is that they are affecting the results of everyone. Personally I would scrub their results but play the rest of the fixtures as friendlies but I am also sure there will be many other opinions in this regard.
Hehehehehehehehe
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:53 pm
northerntiger wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:08 pm The whole thing is a bit unsatisfactory, in my view.
This happening would not surprise me. Take all the points off them that they have gained and then nil for the rest of their games. I would imagine that it will be quite difficult for them to motivate themselves in the Leauge, whereas in the Champions cup they can still win it.
Also, i guess that if the Internationals get injured they are scuppering a potential move or loan deal. Very difficult situtaion for them.
The points that Sarries do and don't take off teams this season will likely end up having an impact on the final play off and European qualifications.
This seems to have been overlooked, no doubt it'll cause a fuss.
Losing the Sarries fixture this season would also cause a fuss.
I wouldn't imagine that losing a fixture is financially viable for those teams that would lose the fixture from this point, and I wouldn't imagine that the television companies and competition sponsors would be very happy about it either.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Play out the season. Keep Shtum. Once the season is done discount all their games adjusting the table appropriately.
I'm not cynical just experienced
bendy

Post by bendy »

Let's not forget that every club has had a windfall payment from the original fine.

It might not cover the gate receipts and associated TV income etc if their home Sarries fixture was scrapped, but it would certainly help ease the pain.

I think immediately ejecting them from the league and scrapping their results to date is the only fair way to go about things. Essentially otherwise we're saying "hey, we know you're cheating - but we don't mind you carrying on cheating till April as long as we get some ££ from it too".

As for playing them in a friendly - I wouldn't be over the moon if May or Manu did their knee playing against them in a friendly, nor do I think it's particularly meaningful to just put the kids up against them - and would people go and watch?

Get 'em gone!