Borthwick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Borthwick

Post by sapajo »

So it matters not that a new head coach is not here for preseason?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Borthwick expected to join the club post summer tour and well in time for pre season - also he will be heavily involved in those plans from now on - and in fact has been part of them for a little while now. All part of an agreement forged by the unpopular Simon Cohen. SB will still have England duties to perform but is no longer in a front line coaching role and therefore free to kick on at Oadby.
Everyone should calm down - this is a good move for all. Players and GM very supportive of both moves and this strengthens our coaching a hell of a lot.
Less is more....
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 am So it matters not that a new head coach is not here for preseason?
If this is the case, then it’s not the perfect situation. However, I’d prefer to have Borthwick from November than not at all.

I’d like to know what you’d have done differently to get Borthwick here fully for preseason once recognising him as the man we want?
Last edited by TigerBoy1880 on Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:58 am So it matters not that a new head coach is not here for preseason?
That clearly wasn’t your point. And we don’t yet know that he won’t be here.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am surely if the club are in position to announce his appointment they must also know when hs start date is and not some vague end of season - really pleased with this arrangement just want to know WHEN!!!!!
For me the RFU statement could be clearer but I think it is still pretty clear. The quotes from both Jones and Borthwick when taken together show what should happen with timings; Jones talks about him (Borthwick)leaving after this campaign which I take to be 6N; Borthwick talks about before the end of the season which again for me would after 6N because November is next season.With the statement also stating Ryles will be in before the autumn internationals there is no need for Borthwick to be there still. Ergo I think he will be here pretty soon after the 6N.
As Good As It Gets
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

bendy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 am
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am
DingDong wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:03 am Head coach - perfect!! Murphy to DoR - convenient!!
Murphy to DOR is what a lot of people have been looking for, his skill set will suit that position better. I see it working much as Humphreys and Ackerman do at Gloucester.

Great how some posters can always see negatives from such a big positive
Indeed - some people are never happy seemingly!

For me, this is great news - another positive step in our (long) road back to .. well ... let's say 'adequacy' for now shall we?
Oh dear bendy, Mark62, OakhamTiger32 & TigerBoy1880, the positivity is in the words 'Head coach - perfect', the other positive is in the word 'convenient' which translates as a role to take Murphy away from the coaching which he is totally inept at, into a position where he can (hopefully) piece together the fabric and DNA of this great club for Borthwick to build the rugby around. But then, some people eh!!! :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MCC1964 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am
Wrong that clearly was my point and you don't know that he will be here either .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
CitizenSmiff
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CitizenSmiff »

Does feel like fairly typical of Tigers to have an anouncement that only makes things about 20% clearer :smt005. Ah well at least it's progress. Still need an attack coach, breakdown and possibly S&C as well but hopefully Borthwick has some ideas.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Why S&C?
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

DingDong wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:22 am
bendy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:15 am
Mark62 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:08 am

Murphy to DOR is what a lot of people have been looking for, his skill set will suit that position better. I see it working much as Humphreys and Ackerman do at Gloucester.

Great how some posters can always see negatives from such a big positive
Indeed - some people are never happy seemingly!

For me, this is great news - another positive step in our (long) road back to .. well ... let's say 'adequacy' for now shall we?
Oh dear bendy, Mark62, OakhamTiger32 & TigerBoy1880, the positivity is in the words 'Head coach - perfect', the other positive is in the word 'convenient' which translates as a role to take Murphy away from the coaching which he is totally inept at, into a position where he can (hopefully) piece together the fabric and DNA of this great club for Borthwick to build the rugby around. But then, some people eh!!! :smt023
Thanks for the clarification maybe it was your use !!! that led to the confusion
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

sapajo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am
MCC1964 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:06 am
Wrong that clearly was my point and you don't know that he will be here either .
Maybe you would like to make your point clearly and what you would be doing instead of what has been announced.

As a boss of mine once said, don’t give me problems give me solutions
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

As others have said his movement to skills coach means he will not have to expend quite the time with England and be able to give time to Tigers.
Now if only there was a way to him to view games without actually being present and then give advice and feedback :smt017 :smt023
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Top, top appointment this, can’t wait to see the pack assemble under him.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Damn good appointment, and hopefully removes Murphy from any coaching input, which he was spectacularly bad at.

Now we need a fitness trainer, to make sure our lads can last 88 minutes, if required to, at All Blacks rugby pace.

Plus two heavy duty locks, a spare top quality back row, 2 effervescent bubbling sparky scrum halves, and 4 decent centres.

Oh, and send the Board on a PR Training Course for the 21st Century..

That should suffice.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Why are people going on about November? The RFU said he leaves at the end of this season, November is in the middle of next season he won’t still be with England then